I Owe Todge An Apology

emmitt01

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow a youngin'. I seriously doubt anyone gives a rats ass if you post on this board again either, considering you're what 18?

This may not be the best way to build the fan base. The Clint Eastwood "get off my lawn!" approach to younger types isn't always endearing.

This may not be the best way to build the fan base. The Clint Eastwood "get off my lawn!" approach to younger types isn't always endearing.

Have I said this type of thing to anyone on here? Once, to TFLF. These types of people are absolutely worthless to a fanbase. It's not about the "get off my lawn" approach, and it's not about profiling younger types. In fact, younger people often bring a breath of fresh air to idea sessions, etc. Rather, the issue lies in that 2012 makes ridiculous, false comments (similar to TFLF), and they don't do anything but actually hurt the fanbase and hurt the integrity of this board, where many avid North Texas fans are active.

Thanks for the advice on how not to build a fanbase. I'll keep that in mind. ;)

Edited by UNT Mean Green

Have I said this type of thing to anyone on here? Once, to TFLF. These types of people are absolutely worthless to a fanbase. It's not about the "get off my lawn" approach, and it's not about profiling younger types. In fact, younger people often bring a breath of fresh air to idea sessions, etc. Rather, the issue lies in that 2012 makes ridiculous, false comments (similar to TFLF), and they don't do anything but actually hurt the fanbase and hurt the integrity of this board, where many avid North Texas fans are active.

How was the fan base hurt and how is the time-honored integrity of this board hurt by dissenting opinions?

That being said, the only thing I like about young people is there healthy, supple organs to replace my withered and neglected ones. If you post here and you are under 25, expect to wkae up in a bath tub with ice and two holes in your leg when you least expect it.

Have I said this type of thing to anyone on here? Once, to TFLF. These types of people are absolutely worthless to a fanbase. It's not about the "get off my lawn" approah, and it's not about profiling younger types. It's that 2012 makes ridiculous comments (similar to TFLF), and they don't do anything but actually hurt the fanbase and hurt the integrity of this board, where many avid North Texas fans are active.

I just meant in reference to the "Who cares, you're 18" thing.

We all hate young people, either because we're jealous of their youth and proximity to potential intercourse with young women, or because we're scared that they're crack-smoking rap-loving hoodlums who are up to mailbox smashing, graffiti painting mischief.

But we have to keep those thoughts to ourselves.

Try to remember that kids are people, just like you and me. Except they're dumber, and their skin is more elastic.

Group hug, everyone!

How was the fan base hurt and how is the time-honored integrity of this board hurt by dissenting opinions?

That being said, the only thing I like about young people is there healthy, supple organs to replace my withered and neglected ones. If you post here and you are under 25, expect to wkae up in a bath tub with ice and two holes in your leg when you least expect it.

Oh please... There's only one organ from any under-25 year old affiliated with North Texas that you want in your body, and we all know you're never getting it.

I think that was specific enough to make my point without being so graphic that I'll be banned.

Does it do anyone any good to say things like 2012 does such as: Dodge planned to wait to go after Junior College WR's after his son had the probability of becoming the Quarterback? Regarding that particular post, my question is that he intentionally had one really good WR last season in Casey Fitzgerald? He intentionally had no deep threat at the position because he was waiting to give that to his son? Does 2012 believe that everyone just wants to go 1-11, so they can go 11-1 with their son the next year? The fact is Mike Outlaw and Jamal Jackson were recruited well before Giovanni decided to quit the team because he was not guaranteed playing time. No one is guaranteed anything on the team, and that's how people should want things. It has nothing to do with genetics, race, any of that.

I'm basically just stating that making false assumptions, and attacking a coach's or players personal integrity is not good for a fanbase, and that is what 2012 is doing.

Soapbox=over (I know Quoner & TG will be happy).

Does it do anyone any good to say things like 2012 does such as: Dodge planned to wait to go after Junior College WR's after his son had the probability of becoming the Quarterback? Regarding that particular post, my question is that he intentionally had one really good WR last season in Casey Fitzgerald? He intentionally had no deep threat at the position because he was waiting to give that to his son? Does 2012 believe that everyone just wants to go 1-11, so they can go 11-1 with their son the next year? The fact is Mike Outlaw and Jamal Jackson were recruited well before Giovanni decided to quit the team because he was not guaranteed playing time. No one is guaranteed anything on the team, and that's how people should want things. It has nothing to do with genetics, race, any of that.

I'm basically just stating that making false assumptions, and attacking a coach's or players personal integrity is not good for a fanbase, and that is what 2012 is doing.

Oh no - I'm not angry at you and enjoy doing something besides my current meme.

On the flip side, does it do any good to disparage all of the players Dodge didn't recruit, attack hypothetical grade performance, repeatedly rip guys for being pot heads or disparage any and all recent accomplishments because of a dislike for a former head coach? We have had the best two week stretch in about a year as far as news goes and it is frustrating to hear blanket assertions to get on board with the notion that two good weeks erase 2 years of FAIL.

It's almost become like a series of elections here. When the Anti-dodgers had power, the positives were attacked and ridiculed, and now the Dodge Bangers (where did we start that one again) are having their turn to ejaculate happy words everywhere. Both are equally annoying and it is funny to see the roles flipped right now. That's why I'm choosing to support the new ultra happy mega kool aid outlook in all parts of life.

I feel better, I'm doing well at work and my partners have never been more satisfied. Thanks Mean Joe!

The offense had one WR weapon on the entire team last season. The incredible Casey Fitzgerald. Other than that, we had scrubs out there.

TD recognized that and now went after some players. He did not do that for Gio but its amazing what he has done this off-season with his WR Juco prospect. This was a planned deal.

Yep, everyone has been waiting for Vizza to leave town so we can start trying to win.

I think it's hilarious for people to be defending this recruiting class as the most amazingly amazing class of the past 2.5 years. And alarming for some of the wrist cutters to be declaring this class utter failures based on the performance of the past 2.5 years.

Employees of every athletics department, save very best, across the country are ready to crown themselves the national champion based on what their recruiting classes could do. Super fans are ready to chew on it, swallow and spew the same crap out of their own mouths.

Meanwhile, the ex-employees, disgruntled friends and parents of former players, and wannabe fans-of-another-school-but-go-to-this-one are out trying to convince all of said people above that NOT ONE of the recruits deserves to play football on this level and will make very personal attacks on youngsters to make themselves feel better about being losers.

Then you have the fans that keep up with it, and actually wait to evaluate a recruiting class after they have played. Fans that keep quiet so as not to look like a retard before calling their home run shot because chances are what they think will happen, won't happen and they know it. Fans that know that what makes a recruit good is what he does after he's signed and sees playing time.

I've been very quiet lately because it all comes down to one thing about sports that ever really matters enough to post about in the off-season, other than cracking Dick jokes and heckling other teams' moron fans.

The only thing that will unify everyone is winning. Sometimes I really wonder how much it matters to Texas, OU or Florida how good this years' recruiting class is; to their fans OR their coaches. Who gives a rats ass how good their players might be coming in? Few become starters and some don't pan out, but who cares? They still have the majority of the team that knew the hard work required to win returning next year and chances are they will be just as good as the year before.

Dickey was right, Fans are F#%#*% idiots.

Well said.

Well said.

Did you see we had positivity for 6 or 7 replies ?The naysayers came in again with their doom and gloom. I

am not going to get off the train when things get tough. I will remember the tough times. It will make me appreciate the

good times which are a coming like a locomotive out of control.

GMG

We all hate young people, either because we're jealous of their youth and proximity to potential intercourse with young women, or because we're scared that they're crack-smoking rap-loving hoodlums who are up to mailbox smashing, graffiti painting mischief.

:lol:

It's funny because it's true!

Some of you guys are forgetting how absolutely horrible the product has been on the field for 2 years. The past 2 seasons have worn me down; I can't even fathom how some of the faithful have been following this on-again, off-again train wreck through hell for 25+ years (I'm sitting numbly at 10).

I'm ready for some more football, too, but quietly note Dodge's momentum is clearly gone as evidenced by this class. I'm happy to have these kids, but for everyone's sake Dodge needs to start winning in 2009.

As of yet, I have not seen anything that leads me to believe he will.

I won't be on the sidelines waiving pom poms regardless of the field product. I'm sitting in the stands analyzing everything about this program. You don't need to be a blind cheerleader to call yourself a fan.

Wow a youngin'. I seriously doubt anyone gives a rats ass if you post on this board again either, considering you're what 18?

EVERYONE here is welcome on the board, so long as they follow the rules. Disagreeing with you, unfortunately, is not against said rules.

This kind of comment is really crass and has no place.

EVERYONE here is welcome on the board, so long as they follow the rules. Disagreeing with you, unfortunately, is not against said rules.

This kind of comment is really crass and has no place.

See? This is just one more piece of evidence that my judgment is sound and my verdicts are fair.

This is why I was appointed the moderator for... Wait, nevermind. :ph34r: