Strength Coach

Green Dozer

The new strength coach for the football program was introduced tonight, and man does he have a pedigree. He spent time at TN, and was at USC during the National Championship runs of 2003 and 2004. And of course, most recently Ole Miss.

I am sure a lot of you know about him, but after seeing our players out of uniform, it is no wonder we got our butts kicked. I would say 90% of our guys, ESPECIALLY the linemen, need a lot of work in the weight room. There are high school teams bigger than this line!

Dodge mentioned that the new strength coach got here this past Monday, and by Wednesday was already working with players in the weight room. I know most everybody will agree we needed a dedicated strenght coach it, and it is unbelievable this move was not made several years ago.

The new strength coach for the football program was introduced tonight, and man does he have a pedigree. He spent time at TN, and was at USC during the National Championship runs of 2003 and 2004. And of course, most recently Ole Miss.

I am sure a lot of you know about him, but after seeing our players out of uniform, it is no wonder we got our butts kicked. I would say 90% of our guys, ESPECIALLY the linemen, need a lot of work in the weight room. There are high school teams bigger than this line!

Dodge mentioned that the new strength coach got here this past Monday, and by Wednesday was already working with players in the weight room. I know most everybody will agree we needed a dedicated strenght coach it, and it is unbelievable this move was not made several years ago.

Now if we could get a speed/agility coach. I know it may not be in the budget but I'd love to see someone keep the fast guys fast and make the not as fast guys faster.

I noticed how small the team was during the march at home games. My college roommate and I, both 6'3", were shocked that we were bigger than almost everyone on the team (no, we have no eligibility left). We also noticed the lack of thickness with the players and commented that they looked like a high school team. In contrast, we were at the LSU game and happened to be walking by when the LSU players got off the bus. They were men (and no, they weren't 40). Huge.

I also think that this addition is bigger than any recruit this year.

I have already heard very positive feedback re: Mr. Ausmus. He may be the single most important improvement to advancing the FB program to new heights. Totally agree that this is a very good decision/hire!

I have already heard very positive feedback re: Mr. Ausmus. He may be the single most important improvement to advancing the FB program to new heights. Totally agree that this is a very good decision/hire!

This is huge. Ausmus has a proven track record, and has his own program and way of doing things. He won't have to visit other places in order to put a program together. He will have big goals and standards for each player, and will do everything in his power to make certain that the players reach those goals.

hans_franz.jpg

In all seriousness, I think it's a great move. I still believe that football's fought on the line and that team sports in general are won by the team with more endurance. We should improve vastly on both fronts by fall. After the initial sessions with this coach I wonder how many players are unable to lift their arms above their heads this week. Nothing like that first shock of the start of a new training regimen!

hans_franz.jpg

In all seriousness, I think it's a great move. I still believe that football's fought on the line and that team sports in general are won by the team with more endurance. We should improve vastly on both fronts by fall. After the initial sessions with this coach I wonder how many players are unable to lift their arms above their heads this week. Nothing like that first shock of the start of a new training regimen!

Not sure this will be the case. Words directly from Aaron's mouth were "I'm all about speed, our weight work will be there but my main focus is making our players Faster and Quicker". That was what he said his 3rd day on the job.

Edited by UNTnewbie

Not sure this will be the case. Words directly from Aaron's mouth were "I'm all about speed, our weight work will be there but my main focus is making our players Faster and Quicker". That was what he said his 3rd day on the job.

Well that sounds like a good idea. I can remember watching the Tulsa game and thinking only 2 of our guys looked to have anywhere near the speed of Tulsa's players. I can still remember being amazed at the speed of Tulsa's defensive guys even as they were just substituting, late in the first half. Of course, they hadn't spent much time on the field.