Number Of Fb Coaches For Nt

GreenMachine

First off, I am a fan of Vizza's. I also think Riley will be a fine college QB, but needs to back up Gio. Now, if Riley beats out Vizza fair and square, then I have no problem with him starting.

Your accusations reek of a personal issue that would cloud your judgement if Riley turns out to be the better QB. You lose all credibility by letting personal issues guide your reasoning. If Riley is that disliked by his teammates and the situation is that bad, then why are you the only one complaining?

Lifer, if you didn't....you should have....... won the college debate competition at Harvard, UNT of the North East!

Lifer, if you didn't....you should have....... won the college debate competition at Harvard, UNT of the North East!

That's pretty funny. I really don't like to argue, but I've just grown tired of the personal attacks by a few and the accusations of a few about a couple of people they probably have never personally met. Maybe I'm a tad sensitive about all the bashing because I am the son of a former coach and know the crap yelled in the stands towards the coach by fans is often heard by his family members. These family members know this comes with the territory, but some of the crap yelled is of a personal nature. They don't live with the coach or spend their day with them experiencing how coaches live and die with every game and with the development of the young men they are there to lead.

I know a coach, basketball, that would stand at the door of the gym after practice and hand out knit caps to those that couldn't afford them so they wouldn't go out in the cold with wet hair. I know of a coach that spent hours after practice with a young man that really didn't have the talent to play but wanted extra instruction to improve and had the work ethic to put in the time necessary to achieve some sort of success.

I watched personally as a child as Rod Rust, one of the nicest men around, was called every name in the book because his NTSU teams were not succesful and was eventually fired. Coach Rust was a personal friend of our family and was one of the nicest men around. He could handle the criticism about his coaching, but the personal attacks were not warranted and probably hurt although he never showed it.

How in the world can "bigntex" make comments about players hating Riley and about his own players leaving because of him? That's ridiculous. Find some film of his senior year at SLC and show me one example of their disdain for him. Fentriss did leave because of injury, Russo is still on the team and Padron left NT for SMU where he will walk on. I wish Padron well, but I just don't see him ever staring at the collegiate level.

You want to be unhappy with the performance of the team the past two years? That's fine by me. I have never been more disappointed then after the Rice game this year. The team look unmotivated and unprepared and I stated this after the game, but the personal attacks and accusations of players leaving because of "girlfriend" issues is ridiculous. Either put some facts behind your comments or don't post personal feelings as factual.

I would like to think that Todd Dodge will do what is best for the program and start his best players. The quotes of his former players at SLC and of his former players at NT, Mitch Maher and Troy Redwine, that showed up at the news conference announcing his hiring tell me the kind of man Dodge is. I would be shocked if he has changed that much in his two years at North Texas.

Your underestimating the greatness of Dodge and Dodge. It will be interesting indeed to see everyone's slc golden boy, take the reins this spring and fall.

I can't wait to see him take the hits and not having any freaking WR's who can make plays unless the new JUCO boys can. The "stat man" has never faced adversity nor lack of talent on his side of the ball. He is used to the instant success and the SLC offense that moves it on everyone. He has never stared down a bigger, faster, and a more athletic defense than his offense.

He has never been hit blind sided by a college LB or DE, wait, he did, and it "mysteriously" took him out of the season for 7 games. (One little hit took him out 7 games).

He will point fingers, the fake persona only goes so far The golden boy's true colors will shine.

The lack of success will even be against a softer schedule than the previous 5 seasons or so. Dodge will start Dodge and then the fun begins. How will Phillips and Vito question Dodge on Dodge? When your winning its easy, but when your losing with your son at QB its not to fun, just ask Cody Hawkins and his Dad at Colorado. Hawkins is on the sh.t can list of college coaches. He is going with another QB this next season after moving in another QB towards the end of the season.

Now what I am not saying is that gio or tune could do any better. This program is in the tank. Now what I am saying is that gio made a huge mistake not going to play for a college hall of fame coach who really wanted him. Or at least a proven college commodity in the coaching ranks.

Seriously,admins--how long do we all have to put up with this kind of post? Aren't we supposed to stray from personal attacks? I know that Dodge and Company haven't been great here, but to consistently see this kind of post is inappropriate. I mean, really, we aren't all Dodge apologists here, but I hate reading posts from this guy trying to stand up for his pals on the team by running both of the Dodges into the ground. Totally inapproriate.

Edited by untjim1995

That's pretty funny. I really don't like to argue, but I've just grown tired of the personal attacks by a few and the accusations of a few about a couple of people they probably have never personally met. Maybe I'm a tad sensitive about all the bashing because I am the son of a former coach and know the crap yelled in the stands towards the coach by fans is often heard by his family members. These family members know this comes with the territory, but some of the crap yelled is of a personal nature. They don't live with the coach or spend their day with them experiencing how coaches live and die with every game and with the development of the young men they are there to lead.

I know a coach, basketball, that would stand at the door of the gym after practice and hand out knit caps to those that couldn't afford them so they wouldn't go out in the cold with wet hair. I know of a coach that spent hours after practice with a young man that really didn't have the talent to play but wanted extra instruction to improve and had the work ethic to put in the time necessary to achieve some sort of success.

I watched personally as a child as Rod Rust, one of the nicest men around, was called every name in the book because his NTSU teams were not succesful and was eventually fired. Coach Rust was a personal friend of our family and was one of the nicest men around. He could handle the criticism about his coaching, but the personal attacks were not warranted and probably hurt although he never showed it.

How in the world can "bigntex" make comments about players hating Riley and about his own players leaving because of him? That's ridiculous. Find some film of his senior year at SLC and show me one example of their disdain for him. Fentriss did leave because of injury, Russo is still on the team and Padron left NT for SMU where he will walk on. I wish Padron well, but I just don't see him ever staring at the collegiate level.

You want to be unhappy with the performance of the team the past two years? That's fine by me. I have never been more disappointed then after the Rice game this year. The team look unmotivated and unprepared and I stated this after the game, but the personal attacks and accusations of players leaving because of "girlfriend" issues is ridiculous. Either put some facts behind your comments or don't post personal feelings as factual.

I would like to think that Todd Dodge will do what is best for the program and start his best players. The quotes of his former players at SLC and of his former players at NT, Mitch Maher and Troy Redwine, that showed up at the news conference announcing his hiring tell me the kind of man Dodge is. I would be shocked if he has changed that much in his two years at North Texas.

Does not take a rocket scientist to guess who the basketball coach was. Good post Lifer!