Number Of Fb Coaches For Nt

GreenMachine

I've asked this question before and never got a response so I'll ask again. The reason I bring his up now is because I was watching a SEC game last night on a channel that shows games from earlier this season. Ole Miss and Florida were playing and it showed the coaches up in the pressbox. Crap, those teams have twice as many coaches as we do. They showed a guy and said he was the interior defensive line coach. One guy coached cornerbacks, another one coached the safeties. We have Drake coaching special teams and DL, Ole Miss and Florida would probably have 5 coaches for those positions. Is it that our coaches are not that good or are they spread too damn thin to be able to concentrate on one area and coach it well?

we have an adquate number of coaches, with the exception of a dedicated strength coach, which i think is being adressed. the problem with our existing staff is two fold; 1] basically a southlake high school staff with little college coaching experience, they are learning as they go, and learning curve taking longer than anticipated 2] t.d. is loyal to his staff to a fault. i entered ntsu in 61', and have been an active alumn since graduation. our present team is the worst college,[ not just north texas], team i have ever seen. i also consider myself a friend of darrell dickeys. having said that, i believe we should continue to hope for the best, and give todd dodge his full 5 years to turn the program around. goals and objectives should be reasonable and obtainable with a little pie in the sky. i think 3 to 4 wins next year is realistic, and 5 to 6 a real stretch. i have faith that r.v. will get us to where we need to be.

we have an adquate number of coaches, with the exception of a dedicated strength coach, which i think is being adressed. the problem with our existing staff is two fold; 1] basically a southlake high school staff with little college coaching experience, they are learning as they go, and learning curve taking longer than anticipated 2] t.d. is loyal to his staff to a fault. i entered ntsu in 61', and have been an active alumn since graduation. our present team is the worst college,[ not just north texas], team i have ever seen. i also consider myself a friend of darrell dickeys. having said that, i believe we should continue to hope for the best, and give todd dodge his full 5 years to turn the program around. goals and objectives should be reasonable and obtainable with a little pie in the sky. i think 3 to 4 wins next year is realistic, and 5 to 6 a real stretch. i have faith that r.v. will get us to where we need to be.

Immediately after the Dodge hire, how many of us would have said that we would accept 3 or 4 wins in Dodge's year 3? I don't think we should dumb down expectations.

Edited by UNT90

Immediately after the Dodge hire, how many of us would have said that we would accept 3 or 4 wins in Dodge's year 3? I don't think we should dumb down expectations.

I agree. I think he should be let go next year if he only gets us 3. Hell, I would be upset if all we got was 4 and he was still around.

Um, we will be having a GREAT season if this team wins 4 games next year.

Your underestimating the greatness of Dodge and Dodge. It will be interesting indeed to see everyone's slc golden boy, take the reins this spring and fall.

I can't wait to see him take the hits and not having any freaking WR's who can make plays unless the new JUCO boys can. The "stat man" has never faced adversity nor lack of talent on his side of the ball. He is used to the instant success and the SLC offense that moves it on everyone. He has never stared down a bigger, faster, and a more athletic defense than his offense.

He has never been hit blind sided by a college LB or DE, wait, he did, and it "mysteriously" took him out of the season for 7 games. (One little hit took him out 7 games).

He will point fingers, the fake persona only goes so far The golden boy's true colors will shine.

The lack of success will even be against a softer schedule than the previous 5 seasons or so. Dodge will start Dodge and then the fun begins. How will Phillips and Vito question Dodge on Dodge? When your winning its easy, but when your losing with your son at QB its not to fun, just ask Cody Hawkins and his Dad at Colorado. Hawkins is on the sh.t can list of college coaches. He is going with another QB this next season after moving in another QB towards the end of the season.

Now what I am not saying is that gio or tune could do any better. This program is in the tank. Now what I am saying is that gio made a huge mistake not going to play for a college hall of fame coach who really wanted him. Or at least a proven college commodity in the coaching ranks.

Edited by bigntex

He has never been hit blind sided by a college LB or DE, wait, he did, and it "mysteriously" took him out of the season for 7 games. (One little hit took him out 7 games).

People are mad at Todd Dodge because they feel him and his coaches do not understand the college game. They are also mad at Todd Dodge because he was able to milk the college football rules to give his son a year of FBS experience AND an extra year of eligibility. I am glad like hell he was smart enough to do that. Now we can have four years of Riley Dodge as starting quarterback and Riley will enter year one already being familiar with the speed of the college game. Great job Todd Dodge!

Edited by MG Insurance Pro

Your underestimating the greatness of Dodge and Dodge. It will be interesting indeed to see everyone's slc golden boy, take the reins this spring and fall.

I can't wait to see him take the hits and not having any freaking WR's who can make plays unless the new JUCO boys can. The "stat man" has never faced adversity nor lack of talent on his side of the ball. He is used to the instant success and the SLC offense that moves it on everyone. He has never stared down a bigger, faster, and a more athletic defense than his offense.

He will point fingers, the fake persona only goes so far The golden boy's true colors will shine.

The lack of success will even be against a softer schedule than the previous 5 seasons or so. Dodge will start Dodge and then the fun begins. How will Phillips and Vito question Dodge on Dodge? When your winning its easy, but when your losing with your son at QB its not to fun, just ask Cody Hawkins and his Dad at Colorado. Hawkins is on the sh.t can list of college coaches. He is going with another QB this next season after moving in another QB towards the end of the season.

Now what I am not saying is that gio or tune could do any better. This program is in the tank. Now what I am saying is that gio made a huge mistake not going to play for a college hall of fame coach who really wanted him. Or at least a proven college commodity in the coaching ranks.

Holy cow, did Riley make out with your girlfriend or something?

It is also a myth that SLC always had the biggest and best athletes. They often didn't, they just executed better. But I guess that kind of ruins your whole point.

It will be interesting indeed to see everyone's slc golden boy, take the reins this spring and fall.

I think it is safe to say "Daddy Dodge" has put all of his coaching eggs in the basket of "Son of a Dodge"......

I expect to see great things......If the Dodge's are the ANSWER........next year will be the QUESTION.

with 3 springs and 3 recruiting classes under his belt....2-3 wins is not acceptable......

6-6 or bust

Edited by RETSO

Holy cow, did Riley make out with your girlfriend or something?

It is also a myth that SLC always had the biggest and best athletes. They often didn't, they just executed better. But I guess that kind of ruins your whole point.

No not my girlfriend, but Dibrell lived with his, and people wonder why Dibrell is gone and why no one respects the golden boy.

I think it is safe to say "Daddy Dodge" has put all of his coaching eggs in the basket of "Son of a Dodge"......

Dodge will play Dodge. Its the critical year in his contract. Riley plays and wins this season or will never see the field again because his Dad will be gone.

I think Dodge is going to get a JUCO QB just in case things don't go well early.

Know the facts first and then speak. Hell, his own hs players don't want to play for him. Fentriss (don't tell me injury), Padron, and even Russo tried to leave over the past summer. Ask the SLC boys first before you speak.

Wow so Riley is an All-American and a Snitch, nice combo I guess. :rolleyes:

Know the facts first and then speak. Hell, his own hs players don't want to play for him. Fentriss (don't tell me injury), Padron, and even Russo tried to leave over the past summer. Ask the SLC boys first before you speak.

First, I don't usually ask permission of children before writing. Secondly, I've been attending NT games and donating money to the program longer than you have been alive. I'm quite certain I've donated more to NT athletics in the last 30 years than you entire tuition so far. That has earned my right to comment, especially when I talk to the adults managing the athletic department and they contradict the student hangers-on.

Have to agree with Video Eagle's post. Nothing you or a couple of drones like you have said was going to happen has taken place. No mass exit of players, no parents riot at the athletic office, no big scandals. My understanding was that the 15 players that tested positive for the drugs were all juniors and seniors. Is that correct? That means it was none of the SLC boys. These SLC boys can afford to move on, so why haven't they? One more thing, who lives with who's girlfriend does not have squat to do with wins and losses on the football field. Can't you come up with anything other than this college social soap opera? Back up some of these vague hints with some verifiable facts before you jump out somebody like Video.

Edited by Green Dozer

Have to agree with Video Eagle's post. Nothing you or a couple of drones like you have said was going to happen has taken place. No mass exit of players, no parents riot at the athletic office, no big scandals. My understanding was that the 15 players that tested positive for the drugs were all juniors and seniors. Is that correct? That means it was none of the SLC boys. These SLC boys can afford to move on, so why haven't they? One more thing, who lives with who's girlfriend does not have squat to do with wins and losses on the football field. Can't you come up with anything other than this college social soap opera? Back up some of these vague hints with some verifiable facts before you jump out somebody like Video.

Wow way to keep the bashing of DD players going. In short your assumption is incorrect.

Also with so many of the 2007 players leaving I would say that is an exodus since at least 1/3 to 1/2 of the class are now gone.

They may not have officially tested positive for drugs, but several of them did test positive for police reports.

Wow way to keep the bashing of DD players going. In short your assumption is incorrect.

Also with so many of the 2007 players leaving I would say that is an exodus since at least 1/3 to 1/2 of the class are now gone.

Questioning is bashing, give me a break. Besides, last I checked this is the UNT football team. And if you had read my post completely, I asked "Is this correct?" to bigntex. But, you did not see that because you couldn't wait to tell me how many players are gone. How many of Arkansas' players have left since Petrino took over for Nutt? Not all recruits complete their eligibility at any school. Also, to come to a program that has had the pains that this one has gone through over the past 3 years makes it hard for a kid to want to help build it when he is used to winning, and also when there are a lot more fun things to do on a Saturday than get your chin strap handed to you. And you know what the sad part is, if we had won 12 or so games over these past two seasons, nobody would care about any of these players. Many, and I think including you, would say that is just part of the process when there is a coaching change.

Edited by Green Dozer

No not my girlfriend, but Dibrell lived with his, and people wonder why Dibrell is gone and why no one respects the golden boy.

First off, I am a fan of Vizza's. I also think Riley will be a fine college QB, but needs to back up Gio. Now, if Riley beats out Vizza fair and square, then I have no problem with him starting.

Your accusations reek of a personal issue that would cloud your judgement if Riley turns out to be the better QB. You lose all credibility by letting personal issues guide your reasoning. If Riley is that disliked by his teammates and the situation is that bad, then why are you the only one complaining?

I expect to see great things......If the Dodge's are the ANSWER........next year will be the QUESTION.

with 3 springs and 3 recruiting classes under his belt....2-3 wins is not acceptable......

6-6 or bust

If TD doesn't get 6 wins in year 3 he should get the boot.....he is a pathetic coach in my opinion (at the college level...as HC). If he is paid what he is paid and can't manage any more than 3 wins in his first two seasons...with most losses blowouts....sh!t...against Sunbelt competition.....unbelievable we accept such...our expectations are way too low.