Unt Wr Recruits Haven't Broken Out Yet

Brett Vito

The problem with the 2008 WR class is that most are a bust now. The coaches know that. The only impact players at WR were going to be Riley (speed receiver) and Forrest Rucker (possession receiver).

I think a guy that will make an slight impact next season might be Jamel Jackson (because he is proven tough and is a former track stud) but only time will tell if he heals (but another walk-on).

With TD knowing that their will be changes at QB next season, he needs to get Riley some JC boys that can play.

Edited by Dodge2007

The problem with the 2008 WR class is that most are a bust now.

Are you serious??? Did you really just say that??

How in the hell can you say that a Freshman is a bust? A freshman who is red-shirting at that. Please tell me you are kidding. Please. I'm no football guru here, but I think to give a player more than 3/4 of a season to judge if they are a bust or not. That's just me though.

I'm mean if you're judging that they are busts because they are red-shirting there are a lot of busts on this team. Hell that Crabtree guy over at Tech...total bust...he red-shirted...bust.

All of those guys were walk-ons, but they have earned their right to play and have been consistent,” Dodge said.

Coach Dodge needs to give Chase Baine some playing time. How to you keep a player that was offered schollys to play QB for Navy and Air force off the Field. If coach Dodge is keeping him for Riley to throw to next year so be it, but if thats not the case dont tell us local folks that he needs receivers when he has a dual threat QB on the sideline that many of us on this board have seen play.

I don't get it.... the kid had 4 tds in the spring games and if I remember right two were pretty amazing catches.

I will be there the 29th I have not give up hope yet.

The problem with the 2008 WR class is that most are a bust now. The coaches know that. The only impact players at WR were going to be Riley (speed receiver) and Forrest Rucker (possession receiver).

I think a guy that will make an slight impact next season might be Jamel Jackson (because he is proven tough and is a former track stud) but only time will tell if he heals (but another walk-on).

With TD knowing that their will be changes at QB next season, he needs to get Riley some JC boys that can play.

Way to early to make that assumption. Remember that three of those receivers were from 2a teams, as was Roberson, that may take longer to develop at the college level. The fourth wr recruit was Taylor who played qb in college. I look for all especially Brigman and Rucker to be competitive for first team positions next year.

Are you serious??? Did you really just say that??

How in the hell can you say that a Freshman is a bust? A freshman who is red-shirting at that. Please tell me you are kidding. Please. I'm no football guru here, but I think to give a player more than 3/4 of a season to judge if they are a bust or not. That's just me though.

I'm mean if you're judging that they are busts because they are red-shirting there are a lot of busts on this team. Hell that Crabtree guy over at Tech...total bust...he red-shirted...bust.

H-town is too far removed from campus to watch a practice or two a week. But it is real obvious who can play and who can't at the WR positions. Call it 2A ball or call it whatever (lack of coaching) but there a several scholly WR's who will never play a significant role based on what you see them do in drills and in scout.

Just as sure you can tell that Tune is gonna get passed over in spring on day 1,2 or 3. The writing is on the all for many players but the print for the busts on the WR's is right out on the practice field in clear view.

Can you name a sure starting WR for next season based on this season? I would have said Riley in the slot (if he got bigger and stronger) but then who else? Now its not gonna be Dodge after the "ding" in the melon he took that sat him down for 6 weeks.

Dickerson, if he can start catching the ball instead creating interceptions, has the body to play outside WR. Kevin is one very strong dude. He is ripped and can get off press coverage and can block.

Blocking is not talked much on this board from the WR position but it is critical to this offense. You watch the better spread teams and those WR's block their ass off.

All of those guys were walk-ons, but they have earned their right to play and have been consistent,” Dodge said.

Coach Dodge needs to give Chase Baine some playing time. How to you keep a player that was offered schollys to play QB for Navy and Air force off the Field. If coach Dodge is keeping him for Riley to throw to next year so be it, but if thats not the case dont tell us local folks that he needs receivers when he has a dual threat QB on the sideline that many of us on this board have seen play.

I don't get it.... the kid had 4 tds in the spring games and if I remember right two were pretty amazing catches.

I will be there the 29th I have not give up hope yet.

Chase is a good athlete and should have gone to a offense with a running QB.

Way to early to make that assumption. Remember that three of those receivers were from 2a teams, as was Roberson, that may take longer to develop at the college level. The fourth wr recruit was Taylor who played qb in college. I look for all especially Brigman and Rucker to be competitive for first team positions next year.

Nope, not too early to make that assumption. Go ahead and just assume that ALL of the WR which are being redshirted are busts at this point. Seriously. If they were't, why wouldn't have Dodge pulled their shirts like he did Riley when we needed WR's so bad.

Guest GrayEagleOne

another slow, white, small Wr who cannot get off press coverage. Exactly what N. Texas needs.

Yeah, he had such little talent that he became a starter at Rice midway into his freshman year. We now see that Rice has one of the better receiving corps in the country.

Nope, not too early to make that assumption. Go ahead and just assume that ALL of the WR which are being redshirted are busts at this point. Seriously. If they were't, why wouldn't have Dodge pulled their shirts like he did Riley when we needed WR's so bad.

What an assinine statement.