Belt & N O Bowl Agree To Contract Extension

MeanGreen61

Official site.

NEW ORLEANS – The Sun Belt Conference and the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl announced today the signing of a one year contract extension that will allow a Sun Belt institution to continue playing in the annual bowl game through the 2009 football season.

The one year contract extension will allow the Sun Belt Conference and Conference USA, the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl’s other contracted party, to be on the same timeframe for contract negotiations. The Sun Belt Conference’s newly signed agreement will expire at the same time as Conference USA’s current agreement with the bowl game. Both parties will be allowed to renegotiate with the bowl game at the conclusion of the contracted terms.

FULL ARTICLE

http://www.sunbeltsports.org/ViewArticle.d...;ATCLID=1623287

Edited by MeanGreen61

Official site.

NEW ORLEANS – The Sun Belt Conference and the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl announced today the signing of a one year contract extension that will allow a Sun Belt institution to continue playing in the annual bowl game through the 2009 football season.

The one year contract extension will allow the Sun Belt Conference and Conference USA, the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl’s other contracted party, to be on the same timeframe for contract negotiations. The Sun Belt Conference’s newly signed agreement will expire at the same time as Conference USA’s current agreement with the bowl game. Both parties will be allowed to renegotiate with the bowl game at the conclusion of the contracted terms.

FULL ARTICLE

http://www.sunbeltsports.org/ViewArticle.d...;ATCLID=1623287

I went to the first 4 New Orleans Bowl games. My team was playing.

I was impressed with how few New Orleans residents knew what I was speaking of when I mentioned the New Orleans Bowl. "You mean the Sugar Bowl ?" was the usual response.

I think the New Orleans Sports Commission needs to do a better job promoting this game. Look at a hotel promo from New Orleans. When they talk about upcoming events in the Crescent City, the New Orleans Bowl is never mentioned.

GO MEAN GREEN

I went to the first 4 New Orleans Bowl games. My team was playing.

I was impressed with how few New Orleans residents knew what I was speaking of when I mentioned the New Orleans Bowl. "You mean the Sugar Bowl ?" was the usual response.

I think the New Orleans Sports Commission needs to do a better job promoting this game. Look at a hotel promo from New Orleans. When they talk about upcoming events in the Crescent City, the New Orleans Bowl is never mentioned.

GO MEAN GREEN

I believe the same group that handles the Sugar Bowl now is in charge of the New Orleans Bowl. It was the Greater New Orleans something or other. When they were running it, the Bowl didn't even have it's own office, they worked out of the Sun Belt Conference offices. The new system allows for cross promotion and fund raising. Sponsors can get both events with a single deal now. By the forth one, the people working in restaurants and the cabbies seem to know the difference between the two. The hotel employees certainly did!