Time To Let Daniel Meager Play Quarterback, Then Put

Green Grenade II

I really don't care where you let Daniel Play (although QB would make the most sense).........JUST LET HIM PLAY!

He has offered to play special teams or receiver. I don't know what he did (other than set a NT single game passing record) to piss Lord Dodge off so bad, but it's time to set someone's HUGE EGO aside AND LET DANIEL OUT ON THE FIELD.

AND THE SAME GOES FOR CHAD ROSE.

I really don't care where you let Daniel Play (although QB would make the most sense).........JUST LET HIM PLAY!

He has offered to play special teams or receiver. I don't know what he did (other than set a NT single game passing record) to piss Lord Dodge off so bad, but it's time to set someone's HUGE EGO aside AND LET DANIEL OUT ON THE FIELD.

AND THE SAME GOES FOR CHAD ROSE.

Doesn't make sense to me either. To have a couple of, and probably more, seasoned players/seniors riding the pine just makes no sense. I'm a Vizza fan, but let's face it, when he's off, why not put Meager in to try and shake things up a bit. Doesn't matter whether it's at QB, special teams, or at WR, get him in the game. He's a good athlete and a Senior. What the hell do we have to lose?

Senior night is probably going to be the only game I get to see in person this season. Since Danny's the only guy on the team I know, I'd be thrilled if he got the start. Do I it will happen? Not a chance in hell. He's more than deserving, but the last thing Dodge wants at this point is to see Danny's accuracy make things happen down field. In a perfect world Danny and and the forgotten man Matt would both play in this game, but like I said earlier....... no chance in hell.

The Troy defense is one of the best in the country.

The Troy DT's, DE's, LB's and CB's are very fast

and very good. The best in the SBC.

I do not think Daniel Meager, Colt McCoy, Chase

Daniels or even Tony Romo could have made

any difference against Troy's blitzing, pass rush,

and DL play.

I think PHS has said enough to have DM sit on his ass the rest of the season.

There must be something more, than PHS and our famous alumni know, on why Meager was benched last season. PHS talks about the deep secrets in the program but what about DM, what happened to make him sit the bench for a young and dumb 18 year old freshman qb?

Only a few know. I'm definitely not one of them but something happened or something was missing?

FFR only knows what the Meagers tell him and that is his source. Is is factual or sour grapes? or a combination of both?

If DM can help this team, then why wouldn't use him in whatever capacity? Again, I surely don't understand why. But listening to FFR, who is all ears to the Meagers, only tells you half the truth.

It is funny how this board jumps on a persons bandwagon when all they have ever done is knocked him down. Vizza is next to be the new DM. Sucks to be him but that is the way it goes.

I think PHS has said enough to have DM sit on his ass the rest of the season.

There must be something more, than PHS and our famous alumni know, on why Meager was benched last season. PHS talks about the deep secrets in the program but what about DM, what happened to make him sit the bench for a young and dumb 18 year old freshman qb?

Only a few know. I'm definitely not one of them but something happened or something was missing?

FFR only knows what the Meagers tell him and that is his source. Is is factual or sour grapes? or a combination of both?

If DM can help this team, then why wouldn't use him in whatever capacity? Again, I surely don't understand why. But listening to FFR, who is all ears to the Meagers, only tells you half the truth.

It is funny how this board jumps on a persons bandwagon when all they have ever done is knocked him down. Vizza is next to be the new DM. Sucks to be him but that is the way it goes.

Not so true, brotha... I am hearing the same thing three weeks running from other player's parents also. No one is saying Meager should replace the Godfather at QB in a winnable game, but we havent had many of those this year have we? Danny is a senior on a winless team? What possible harm could befall this program if Meager gets out there at WR, or plays QB in a 45-17 blowout? Yes, we still back Giovanni Vizza as the starter, and he has our loyalty. I just dont see the need to leave him out there and risk a concussion or blown ACL in a blow-out game? If we are going to replace him, why not let a senior get out there and play his last few games in a Mean Green Uni??? Meager may not be the Joe Montanna we all wanted, but he has paid his dues enough to play as a backup? I think you look too much for the negative, brotha... and we have had enough of that now to last several years...

Let the seniors play... and yes, Please Coach Dodge play CHAD ROSE on the OL somewhere???

GMG!!!

I certainly support getting Daniel and Chad on the field somewhere! Would love to see everyone get on the field and play...ALL the seniors need to be on the field sometime during our last few games this season and I say START every senior you can on SENIOR DAY! It is only fitting. Sure if the game meant the difference between a SBC Championship and no championship, then maybe not, but unfortunately, such is not the case this season. DM has been a big contributor for the team for several years and he is a senior....get him on the field...Chad Rose also "deserves" to be on the field.

Folks, however, what is with all the "EGO" crap being mentoned on this board???? Come on...parents of players not playing ALWAYS think their kid should be playing...rightfully so....I have heard from some parents in the "drunk tank" before games and they seem pretty "unhappy", yet their sons are still on the team. No one is holding a gun to tjese kids heads to stay on the team if they are THAT unhappy. My guess, yes, they think they should be playing or playing more (some probably should), but unfortunately...this ain't pee wee football where every kid gets to play half of the game. College football is a JOB! It;s tough and it isn't always fair! How would you like to be the freshmen kickers at TTech these days? Leach has probably destroyed those two young freshmen...think their parents are happy?????

Hey, I have been the parent of a college player (yes, soccer) who wasn't getting the playing time the first couple of years that I just KNEW he deserved! It's tough...if you have been there yiou know, if you haven't...well, you really don't have a clue!!!! Guess what, my perspective on the situation was not alwys the same as my son's. I recall one away gamne I happened to attend at West Point. The coach started my son (fist collegiate start as a sophomore - 3rd Classman) in goal....team did fine (in fact we - US Merchant marine Academy - a DIII school- were leading D1 West Point at the time 1-0) until about midway through the first half when Army scord on a breakawy goal to tie it at 1-1. Immediately, the Coach jerked my son and put in the "regular keeper". Saw my son walk up to the Coach and get right in his face before being "calmed down" by a teammate and an assistant coach. Man, was he ever mad....as a parent I was TICKED to say the laest. After the game, I had a chance to chat with my son before they headed out...wasn't a happy camper, but had a different perspective than I had for sure and never once indicated anything other than he was ready for his next shot. Thankfully, after getting in the coaches face, he WAS given another shot and did win the starting job down the line.

This college sports stuff is hard...it's work...and IT ISN'T ALWAYS FAIR. I do think we all know that, but don't take what "unhappy" parents say as the gospel about what's going on either...Been there...done that!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!

I don't believe I ever remember giving my oppinion here as to why I think DM isn't playing, just simply going by the facts that was stated by TD in the Mean Green Insider and also mentioned by Vitto in the DRC that he was to start and would be the go to guy for the rest of the season last August only for him to be benched 3 or 4 games later. And anyone who has watched a single game last year and this year knows the offense isn't the most pressing concern for this team. At least it isn't for me so I don't recall questioning Vizza's ability or anything of that sort.

Come on Nautique, when are you going to reveal your identity? I mean, if your going to continue calling me a liar then when are you going to stop hiding behind the safety of your computer and back your accusations up in person?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

No one is holding a gun to tjese kids heads to stay on the team if they are THAT unhappy. My guess, yes, they think they should be playing or playing more (some probably should), but unfortunately...this ain't pee wee football where every kid gets to play half of the game. College football is a JOB!

Yes college football is a job. A lot of these players treat it as a job. The answer as to why they are still there is because THEY made a COMMITTMENT to the UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS not a coach to go to class, get an education and the reward is to play D1 football. Not only is college football a job, it is a committment. These players know that on a job application it looks a lot better that you stayed and honored your committment instead of quitting when things got tough.

. Thankfully, after getting in the coaches face, he WAS given another shot and did win the starting job down the line.

I guess that is where I have made my mistake as a parent. I should have taught my son and daughter to get in coaches faces and in the future employers faces when they don't like the situation. Instead I taught my son and daughter to have respect for people and if they have a conflict, try and resolve it one on one and in private instead of out in the open for everyone to watch.

Come on Nautique, when are you going to reveal your identity?

I made a long rant in another post on this board that addressed the "keyboard cowboy" mentality. Nautique has this disease bad, Rick. Don't waste your time thinking about or worrying about what this tool has to say.

To the point of the thread - I think in light of the fact the season is over, the Seniors should be installed BEGINNING THIS WEEK - ALL OF THEM. Meager should be the #1 QB for the rest of this season because he has deserved it. He put up school records. He rode the emotional rollercoaster and had to put up during his tenure here with fans (including me) pushing to have him ride the bench under Dickey... Then Dodge comes in, and Meager THRIVES in this new system, but makes a few mistakes his college career is over?

...I'd argue that had Meager been under the type of system that he did so well in last year, he might be as good as a Senior as we think Vizza is going to be. We'll never know what 4 years of stable development under a stable program would have meant for Daniel Meager and how he performed.

Either way, he and the Seniors have sacraficed a GREAT DEAL for this school, for us and MOST OF ALL, for the COACHING STAFF. The coaching staff has a debt to pay. Their way hasn't brought us to the point we all expected to be at this point - it's time to let the seniors finish this out THEIR WAY!

START MEAGER FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON. HE'S EARNED IT!

Yes, C&S, agree, with the "in the face comment...but, it's sport and not the office in this case....I taught my kid as well as I could thank you and I think everyone would be proud (as I am to have such a son)...went to and Graduated Summa Cum Laude from the United States Merchant Marine Academy, Played four years of College soccer and was named capitan of the team his 1st class year, was ranked 7th all-time in NCAA D-III history for min. allowed without a goal his senior year, sailed for 2 years on merchant ships upon graduation, went to UNT as a grad student to do some pre-med work, went to medical school, and is now a doctor in the US Navy going through flight training to be a flight surgeon before doing a medical residency in his speciality.

LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT MY KID...and how his mother and I raised him....out of your comments. You have no clue!!!! Obviously!

Yes, parents do get "fired up"...I did on the sidelines when a goal was scored and every parent looked my way as if the goalkeeper was totally responsible....what the heck were those other 10 players doing on the field before the ball and opposing player got back to him????? If you ever played sports at any level, my guess is that you have been in a coaches face. If not, where's the fire in your belly??? Send me a PM and I'll tell you the "rest of the story"...beacuse the whole story is not posted. You obviously missed the point! If you are the parent of a college level player you know...or should...exactly how it feels to be in the situation some of our young men find themselevs in today on the UNT team. I don't think any of them are playing so they can put it on their resume...however, agree that it looks good...BUT, I have seen many many resumes in my time listing college intercollegiate sport participation where the time played WAS not through the senior year. Still says something positive!

By the way...congratulations on raising such a great kid and being such a better parent than I was. Maybe you should write a book. My kid didn't come with instructions on good parenting...I should have asked you!

Man, have you been sleeping, Cerebus? You want folks to act like adults??? Have you seen some of the comments on the board lately, really?????

Just kidding, I know you are "out there" in cyberspace just lurking and waiting to pounce! :rolleyes: Welcome back to your rightful role. :bangin:

Man, have you been sleeping, Cerebus? You want folks to act like adults??? Have you seen some of the comments on the board lately, really?????

Just kidding, I know you are "out there" in cyberspace just lurking and waiting to pounce! :rolleyes: Welcome back to your rightful role. :bangin:

Darth Cerebus rules with an Iron Fist and finds your "lack of faith disturbing". He's going to release the full power of the "Sith Squirls" on you if you don't watch it...

jedisquirrel.jpg

Kram1, I really don't want to hear the rest of your story and I think you missed the point of my posting. I AM a parent of a college athlete and I do know what is going on.

You are correct that college athletes aren't playing their sport to put on a resume. They are playing a college sport because as I said in my post that is their payment for a scholarship to get a good education and go out into the world and not only a protective citizen but also to be a representative of their university.

I know people who run HR departments for large companies. I have asked them if they look at the college activities on a resume and if so how much weight does playing a sport carry? I have been told that whether an athlete stays with a sport for the entire duration whether things are good or bad for their team says a lot about whether that person will stay with a company when times are good or bad. They can also tell a lot about work ethic, attendance and other areas that relate to whether the person will be on time, complete assigned tasks, can work well with others and overall be a good employee. GPA as an athlete carries a lot of weight as well.

Being a college athlete is on the job training. How not to treat people is another lesson that is being learning as well.