Tackling

UNTLifer

Tackling has been sub-par this year. Counted several 3-4 misses on some of the runs/receptions at Rice.

Some argue however that if you lack speed or are in the wrong position then you will always be trying to arm tackle and will look like you don't know what you are doing.

Combination of the three maybe?

Edited by jimmyjames_99

A football coach not practicing tackling?

Come on, do you really believe something that stupid!

I have seen the NT defensive players hammer and knock the crap

out of the opponets players, time after time.

Do you believe Gary DeLoach and his defensive staff

do not allow or teach tackling in paractice?

What's next, the coaches do not allow pads during

practice, or no hitting allowed?

Geez! Where does this stuff come from?

The reliable sources are not very reliable.....The defense goes full bore in practice...even the QB is not spared....and I can promise you my source is very reliable

The reliable sources are not very reliable.....The defense goes full bore in practice...even the QB is not spared....and I can promise you my source is very reliable

Well that's not very smart to hit the QB. Who are these coaches??

1107charlie_brown_lucy_football.jpg

Pfft... Charlie Brown can't even kick a football without getting jacked up by a little girl. That kid's had so many concussions, he doesn't know what's going on.

Seriously, tell him that we're proud of him for hanging in there, playing his ass off even though he's undersized for a position he never expected to play. Your kid is a fighter, and I'm glad he's playing for our team. I just wish he'd had more of a chance to show what he can do.

I have a hard time believing that the team does not practice tackling.

With that said, our tackling is pathetic. Rarely does the first man to the ball make the tackle. We make the opponents job very easy when we turn a 3 yard play into a 12 yard play because it takes 3-4 NT defensive players to tackle the runner.

Glad to hear this was not true. Don't know if you want to reply or not, but has Charlie mentioned a difference between Mendoza's system and Deloach's? Not trying to run one coach down, just curious of the differences from a players perspective.

Tackling is about heart, grit and nastiness. Technique is imporant, but being in position and want to are just as important.