Story On Denton Native And Lsu Tackle Herman Johnson

Brett Vito

He was on the JV team at Denton High when my son was a senior in the 2000 season. He is huge. Although not too much bigger now than then. I understand he holds the record as being the biggest baby ever born in the state of Louisiana.

It's probably in the D R-C because he is a Denton kid palying in a big time school/conference and likely to get a chance to play professionally.

It always seemed strange to me that a tall man would be a good choice for an offensive lineman. Too hard to throw over. I would think a Brandon Kennedy tye would make a better offensive lineman-big, quick, and not very tall. Easy to throw over.

Tiger--the other white meat

GO MEAN GREEN

..."it feels weird not playing for North Texas..."

I am sure he was all tore up about it...that decision whether to play for NT or LSU. Yeah...must have been real tough for him... :cry:

I wouldn't doubt that he pulled for North Texas as a youngster. Hopefully, in years to come we can offer a comparable opportunity to prospects as LSU for football success.

..."it feels weird not playing for North Texas..."

The craziest thing about this is that UNT never even recruited Herman and Herman, being a bit of a momma's boy, was open to the idea of staying home and playing in Denton. Dickey had a National Top 100 kid in his hometown and didn't even offer him a scholarship. We just assumed he was too big time for us. Sad.