Lsu-nt Game May Be Played In The Super Dome

SUMG

Or even Texas Stadium.

Scottie F alerted me to this info:

http://blog.nola.com/lsusports/2008/09/lsu...or_north_t.html

It says Texas Stadium is also an option. That would be really cool. Don't think I could convince the warden...er um....Mrs. Oldguystudent of the merits of the $45 ticket price though.

I'll say this of LSU though. I went down there in June for the super regionals so see UC Irvine, and their tailgating is just absolutely amazing. I think I must've gained about 1000 pounds and killed 3/4 of my brain cells down there.

They talked about moving the game tonight on ESPN radio. They said it would most likely end up in the Superdome.

Tonight on the Channel 11 weather....they showed the track for Hurricane Ike going into the Gulf of Mexico....by early Thursday. I would think that might increase the chances of the game coming to Irving.

Tonight on the Channel 11 weather....they showed the track for Hurricane Ike going into the Gulf of Mexico....by early Thursday. I would think that might increase the chances of the game coming to Irving.

Well that is true. I can't see them cancelling or moving it to another date though because with them having this weeks game rescheduled, I am sure they want to get in a game next week before bama.

Here's a little more information from the Baton Rouge Advocate

Preliminary steps have been taken to make sure the Tigers get on the football field against North Texas somewhere next weekend. In fact, senior associate athletic director Herb Vincent said Friday the possibility exists of shifting the game to the Superdome or to Texas Stadium in Irving.

WBRZ meteorologist Dave Nussbaum said Friday that recent models project that the potential exists for some storm activity in the northern Gulf Coast region by next weekend

Although Louisiana might not be in the path of a direct hit, even collateral damage on top of Gustav could be problematic.

University officials have already contacted management of the Superdome and Texas Stadium in suburban Dallas about the possibility of shifting the North Texas game if needed.

The Saints are on the road at Washington on Sept. 14, while the Cowboys are home but don’t play until Monday, Sept. 15. Tulane, which plays its home games in the Superdome, hosts East Carolina at 2 p.m. on Sept. 13, so the North Texas-LSU game would be at night if it is moved there

Sustained Winds of 115 MPH

Current path of Hurricane Ike

Once it hits the warmer Gulf water Ike could potentially become a monster that dwarfs the strength that Katrina had in 2005. It already has sustained winds of 115 MPH. That could pull one hell of a storm surge, one that could cross any levee system.

If the forecasted path is anywhere near accurate, there will not be any games played in New Orleans or Baton Rouge next weekend.

If it's outside of Tiger Stadium, does LSU still get the gate? I could see them having it at Texas Stadium if they did. Good LSU base here, and UNT would definitely travel well.

Yes....it's LSU's home game. So they would definitely get the gate. And I presume we would still get our $700,000 guarantee. As of right now...I think there's a better chance of this game being played in Irving, than in New Orleans. (looking at the Ike track projections).

at200809_5day.gif

It is now being predictedt hat if Ike does hit the Louisiana/Mississippi coast that it will be next Saturday. I don't think any effort should even be put into moving this game to New Orleans when there's a distinct possibility that another mandatory evacuation could be in order.

Baton Rouge still hasn't been cleared since Gustav and most people in Baton Rouge will not have electricity by next week.

Moving the game to Irving or another inland location does sound like the safest choice.

One other thing: The logistics of moving a game like this...take some time. (selling tickets, travel plans for teams/band, etc). So, I suspect that LSU will decide early this week....what their plans are. They can't wait until Wed-Thursday to make their decision. So, I'll go out on a limb here, and predict that Monday LSU announces the game has been moved to Texas Stadium.

What about Shreveport? It's in LA so it's still LSU's territory. They have a decent stadium there w/the Independence Bowl & it's far enough inland to avoid really damaging weather. Yeah, it's a self-serving idea 'cuz I have 3 hotel rooms already booked there Friday night on the way down to Baton Rouge w/the guys, but it's not a bad idea.

at200809_5day.gif

It is now being predictedt hat if Ike does hit the Louisiana/Mississippi coast that it will be next Saturday. I don't think any effort should even be put into moving this game to New Orleans when there's a distinct possibility that another mandatory evacuation could be in order.

Baton Rouge still hasn't been cleared since Gustav and most people in Baton Rouge will not have electricity by next week.

Moving the game to Irving or another inland location does sound like the safest choice.

That is a far better weather site than I use, thanks for linking that.