K-state Post Game Thoughts

Harry

This blog is the first report I've gotten of the game, other than the score. What's up with the running, did we rehire Dickey?

Maybe Dodge scouted the defense and thought his best plan of attack was to run.

Maybe, just maybe, Dodge conceded defeat at the outset and wanted to chew clock and get a paycheck (ala Dickey) while saving the passing attack for conference or more winnable games.

Please tell me we didn't run draw after draw.

PLEASE GOD TELL ME, WE DIDN'T RUN DRAW AFTER DRAW!

I MEAN SERIOUSLY, IF I FIND OUT DODGE HAS SUBJECTED US TO THAT DAMN PLAY AGAIN, I'M GOING TO LOSE MY MIND!

Here's to next week.

This blog is the first report I've gotten of the game, other than the score. What's up with the running, did we rehire Dickey?

Maybe Dodge scouted the defense and thought his best plan of attack was to run.

Maybe, just maybe, Dodge conceded defeat at the outset and wanted to chew clock and get a paycheck (ala Dickey) while saving the passing attack for conference or more winnable games.

Please tell me we didn't run draw after draw.

PLEASE GOD TELL ME, WE DIDN'T RUN DRAW AFTER DRAW!

I MEAN SERIOUSLY, IF I FIND OUT DODGE HAS SUBJECTED US TO THAT DAMN PLAY AGAIN, I'M GOING TO LOSE MY MIND!

Here's to next week.

You must be a complete fool. Look at the box score alone and you can see the run was more effective than the pass. We threw the ball a total of 29 times and got a total of 100 yards in the air. That is 3.4 yards per attempt. Take away Vizza's attempts and we ran the ball 21 times for for 123 yards, which comes out to 5.86 yards per attempt. Montgomery averaged 7.9 yards per attempt and Mosley averaged 5.6 yards per attempt. Looks like we should have been trying to run more if you ask me. What it really sounds like is Vizza had no one open except the third and fourth options and had to dump it off all night.

I think K-State is much tougher then we thought this year, Tulsa beat a very bad team and that does not prove a lot to me. UAB only had two wins last year with a win against Tulane and WTF Alcorn State. And Rice over SMU big deal their defense looked worst then last year. I think both Rice and Tulsa are winnable but probably tough games no reason to panic yet.

I think K-State is much tougher then we thought this year, Tulsa beat a very bad team and that does not prove a lot to me. UAB only had two wins last year with a win against Tulane and WTF Alcorn State. And Rice over SMU big deal their defense looked worst then last year. I think both Rice and Tulsa are winnable but probably tough games no reason to panic yet.

We are in trouble next week. Plain and simple.

I just got back from the game...may I inject a little bit of sunshine with these three positive points:

1. We had NO turnovers

2. We didn't allow any "big" plays (unlike OK last year where practically any score was from a big play).

3. Penalties were pretty low.

I'm done...sleep beckons me.

I was VERY pleased to see that we didn't turn the ball over. It was a foregone conclusion we were going to lose this one so at least we were able to manage the ball a bit better.

I have to think we'll come out a little better next weekend at home, can't wait!

After riding in a car all night after the game with tasty and jimmer jammer(got home at 6am), sleepy and pissed off and feeling beaten down... it's still hard for me to shake off what I witnessed last night. I guess I had hoped to be in the game or at least had seen some offensive production, I never expected to win. we were discussing why it is that we can not seem to do what some other belt schools or even dII schools seem to do.. stop some one on defense? Why can't we keep it respectable? How do we fix it? I am just so tired of being the laughing stock, and getting whipped up on. I haven't given up on the season by any means... just so frustrated.

Freeman is a monster. That guy was bigger than anyone we had on defense so I can see how he picked us apart. We did get through the o line and tackling was much improved. We need to start finding biggger recruits in the future. Sorry I am rambling. I'll stop know. Still pissed.

It was nice to meet a lot of you guys. It was nice to see Dr. Bataille made the trip, met her at the official AD tent. All the KSU fans were pretty cool. The stadium announcer never shut up, annoying as hell. I can't imagine what it would be like to have a whole town behind your team. It was pretty cool to see. We showed up the night before the game and they had like six blocks blocked off for the pep rally/carnival, fireworks and all. The town was painted purple.

Despite the loss , the trip was a blast.

Edited by filmerj