Coaches Show

I realize this staff had no connection to the cause of forfeiting the five schlarships due to NCAA rules, but why do we continue to have flunk outs ( Gillmore), no shows ( Horton), and players who just hang it up (Fentriss) ? It seems that we continue to have much more than our share of these which it seems could be solved by more thorough checks during the recruiting process.

I realize this staff had no connection to the cause of forfeiting the five schlarships due to NCAA rules, but why do we continue to have flunk outs ( Gillmore), no shows ( Horton), and players who just hang it up (Fentriss) ? It seems that we continue to have much more than our share of these which it seems could be solved by more thorough checks during the recruiting process.

Pose it in a respectable manner and I'd say why not.

Anyone planning a stadium question?

Hey guys-

Sorry if I am out of the loop (or missed a post regarding this), but what time & where is the coaches show? Didn't miss any last year, and would certainly like to be there again.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

GMG!

Someone keeps deleting the thread, I guess whoever is not reading them?

That is twice now.

I am sure the coaches do check out the players academic status during the recruiting process as best they can. However, the coaches and athletic academic advisors can not baby sit all 105 current players and those that have signed Letters of Intent for the next season. Regarding Gilmore and Horton, the players do have to take some personal responsibility to make sure they in good academic standing. I am not sure what the coaches could have done here in Denton to prevent Nate Jenkins in Mississippi from gaining 43 lbs from his signing day weight listed of 335 lbs to his current roster weight of 378 lbs.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I need to vent for a minute. It's nothing serious and I'll get over it.

I have regular activities two nights during the week...Monday and Wednesday. Invariably, Coach Dodge picks one or both of those nights for his special activities. I can't tape his radio shows or travel to Denton on those nights. My best bet now is a thread that highlights the questions and answers from the show or other event. So please, whoever's there start a thread about the show.

Glad to see you decided to keep you positive outlook after the cookout.

Fentriss left due to his lingering knee injury, not grade related.

Horton, well, he didn't take care of business at his JUCO, so how could the AD staff be responsible for him? I would guess that many coaches rely on the input they receive from the JUCO coaches when they are recruiting these young men.

Gilmore either struggles academically or just doesn't care about hitting the books. He did the same under DD and makes me wonder if we landed him because he was questionable academically like a few others that were highly skilled athletically but not so academically

I need to vent for a minute. It's nothing serious and I'll get over it.

I have regular activities two nights during the week...Monday and Wednesday. Invariably, Coach Dodge picks one or both of those nights for his special activities. I can't tape his radio shows or travel to Denton on those nights. My best bet now is a thread that highlights the questions and answers from the show or other event. So please, whoever's there start a thread about the show.

I will second this. I have something every monday night, so if someone could do this it would be great.

I'm going to ask about the Dog Pound

Please do and ask who the hell came up with the name??

Yes, to all the a$$ kissers :D , I don't like the name. Coach Dodge is a helluva coach, I just think the name for this group flat out stinks.

Edited by Got5onIt