Possible Recruit In 2011?

SUMG

As one might imagine, this young man is one excellent soccer player. I believe he has even worked with his age group's national team. Don't know about a football future, but he could play D-I soccer if he wanted. he is that good.

Howver, Jaso ball was a very good soccer player too, and he ended up kicking for UNT. Hey, football players get full scholarships while soccer players usually get partials. So, if you want a full ride, better play football or basketball.

I hope he does come to UNT and kick if he decides against palying the "beautiful game" of soccer.

Not sure if he will be a Div. I player...but he must be pretty good if he might start as a sophomore:

http://drchighschoolblog.dentonrc.com/arch...uarterback.html

Bring him in as a walk-on if nothing else, doesn't he get free tuition anyway because of his father's university employment.

It brings up interesting posibilities on field goal attempts; hmm, a placekicker that's also an experienced runner, passer and punter. Teams could be caught off guard by the fake, and could be very tentative about rushing for the block attempt.

Edited by ADLER

Bring him in as a walk-on if nothing else, doesn't he get free tuition anyway because of his father's university employment.

It brings up interesting posibilities on field goal attempts; hmm, a placekicker that's also an experienced runner, passer and punter. Teams could be caught off guard by the fake, and could be very tentative about rushing for the block attempt.

Free tuition, but does have to pay student fees.

Must have changed since I was there then. I had to pay fees but no tuition.

when did you go? I was on the dependant scholarship from 2000-2004 and paid tuition only. I am currently an employee there and my wife gets the same treatment because of my employment.

I remember at first feeling guilty when I voted yes for the athletic fee and new rec center while at school because I wasn't paying for it. But, I was student at UNT like everyone else and I have a right to vote. So it cleared my conscious quite fast.

I think that was another state law that changed at the same time as when we became the 49th state to waive SS/Med taxation for student employees. They changed a bunch of stuff...I think it was in the 2001 legislative session if I'm remembering correctly.

when did you go? I was on the dependant scholarship from 2000-2004 and paid tuition only. I am currently an employee there and my wife gets the same treatment because of my employment.

I remember at first feeling guilty when I voted yes for the athletic fee and new rec center while at school because I wasn't paying for it. But, I was student at UNT like everyone else and I have a right to vote. So it cleared my conscious quite fast.

Well I could be wrong on what I paid, as I am trying to remember back to years 1996-1999.