Dodge Impressed At Cookout

jdennis82

Funny what perspective does....being from Ft Worth, I always assumed it was Paschal. But growing up a Rebel (Southwest, that is), I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Scott Campbell

Flower Mound, TX

BKS

I am a grad of Southwest as well. As a matter of fact, my sophomore thru senior years at SHS, we won exactly one game per year--all against Paschal!! When I got to North Texas, I was there for 5 football seasons (student manager)--in 4 of those years we won 3,4,4 and 2 games. Including the 94 UNT team that won the SLC and racked up 7 wins, the teams I was a part of had a winning percentage of 23-60-2. Maybe I should get a grad degree from OU and pass on my luck to the Sooners!! :lol:

Edited by untjim1995

People I know from Brownwood consider themselves from Central Texas. They like to remind folks that they are just about the geographical center of the state.

--Most people in Brownwood do consider themselves as Central Texas, but people in Midland/Odessa (where I now live) consider Brownwood as part of West Texas.... When I was at UNT everyone considered me a West Texan (from Brownwood).....and thought of Temple/Killeen/Waco as Central Texas. In athletics Brownwood came from the region considered West Texas. This year their district includes Snyder, Abilene Wylie, and Sweetwater--- which is definitely West Texas. The attitudes of people there is very West Texan.

---They are about 30 miles north of geographic central but far west of the population center.

What years were you at Southwest? I was at Paschall from 1986-1990. We won 2 games during that 4 years, one of which was by forfeit after the season.

1987-1991 were my years at Southwest. I do remember that Paschal ended a losing streak that was like 4 years long by beating Granbury in a game that I tihnk ended at 2-0 Paschal. At the time, Granbury was a 3A schoool, I believe. My senior year, Paschal almost beat us, but we held on to win by 5 or so. VERY BAD FOOTBALL!!

Yes, pretty much all of that district was crapola. Really for the most part, Ft Worth football is pretty terrible.

Paschal was, I admit, the worst of the bunch during that time period.

But we were at least smarter. :)

Yeah, that district has always been just terrible in football. As for being smarter, that is very debatable!!

---PHS is West Texas means Permian High School... aka Mojo. who has won more AAAAA championships than anyone and played in about 10 finals. PHS is this case does not refer to Permain... I am absolutely sure. The only other school in Texas with Seven State championships is Brownwood. Both are West Texas schools.

---UNT would be smart to recruit a bit more from this area.... which they have not done lately... the last good one was Brewster (center) from Midland, started four years.

I'm not sure I would put Brownwood in West Texas. It is a bit more western than say, Tyler, but they're in the same district as Granbury, and Granbury is definitely not in West Texas.

--Most people in Brownwood do consider themselves as Central Texas, but people in Midland/Odessa (where I now live) consider Brownwood as part of West Texas.... When I was at UNT everyone considered me a West Texan (from Brownwood).....and thought of Temple/Killeen/Waco as Central Texas. In athletics Brownwood came from the region considered West Texas. This year their district includes Snyder, Abilene Wylie, and Sweetwater--- which is definitely West Texas. The attitudes of people there is very West Texan.

---They are about 30 miles north of geographic central but far west of the population center.

I just have to wonder if Gordon Wood had never coached in Brownwood and they didn't win all those championships.... Would West Texans be so eager to claim them???