Espn's Basketball Prestige List

The ranking is CRAZY. No way UNT is behind some of the schools the listing has ahead of them. This just shows UNT needs to keep doing what it's doing to get respect and that is having winning seasons back to back to back to back with some wins against "known" schools such as last year's win against OSU!

GO MEAN GREEN!

BTW...I just renewed my basketball season tickets on-line this last weekend. Am looking forward to an exciting season...should be great...and, the women should be much improved too. This will be fun. GO GREEN!!!!

The ranking is CRAZY. No way UNT is behind some of the schools the listing has ahead of them. This just shows UNT needs to keep doing what it's doing to get respect and that is having winning seasons back to back to back to back with some wins against "known" schools such as last year's win against OSU!

GO MEAN GREEN!

BTW...I just renewed my basketball season tickets on-line this last weekend. Am looking forward to an exciting season...should be great...and, the women should be much improved too. This will be fun. GO GREEN!!!!

Here's their formula:

• National title … 25

• Title game loss … 20

• National semifinal loss … 15

• Elite Eight loss … 10

• Best record in conference's regular season … 5

• 30-plus wins in a season … 5

• Sweet 16 loss … 5

• Conference tournament title … 3

• AP first-team All-American … 3

• Losing in NCAA second round … 3

• Player in top 10 of NBA draft … 2

• NCAA first-round win as a 12-16-seed … 2

• NIT title … 2

• AP second-team All-American … 2

• 20-29 wins in a season … 1

• NCAA tournament berth … 1

• Postseason NIT berth … 1

• AP third-team All-American … 1

• NCAA first-round loss vs. 12-16-seed … -2

• Losing season … -3

• Ban from NCAA tournament … -3

Seems a fair formula...I'm not sure how many losing season we've had since 1985 but by my calculation we're just +4 (2 20 win seasons, 2 NCAA's) . Anymore than 1 losing season (which i know we have) and we're in the negatives.

As is said in the finasncial services world..."past performance is no guarantee of future results"...or something like that...seems to fit here a bit...maybe there should be some research on what is going on currently...I agree that the formula looks "fair", I jsut don't think that "formulas" always tell the whole story.

As is said in the finasncial services world..."past performance is no guarantee of future results"...or something like that...seems to fit here a bit...maybe there should be some research on what is going on currently...I agree that the formula looks "fair", I jsut don't think that "formulas" always tell the whole story.

That's why I hate those lists of the world's wealthiest people. You never know if they will be that rich next year and they never forecast future rich people like the Napster or Facebook kids.

Utterly worthless crap.

Or, maybe this list just helps underscore the last 20 years of basketball and gives an insight to what kind of tradition JJ has been working to enhance.

I know this is just for the last 23 years, but seriously our tradition is mostly mediocrity. We have had some good years here and there in the MVC and SLC and the Belt...but mostly we've been average to below average.

NT basketball all-time(as best as I can determine): 982-1147

We've played basketball for 91 seasons, so that's about 11 wins and 13 losses a season. Honestly, I don't think we can complain much at all about our ranking.

Edited by CMJ