Al Gore's Energy Useage Could Power 232 U.s. Homes.

http://tennesseepolicy.org/main/article.php?article_id=764

In the wake of becoming the most well-known global warming alarmist, Gore won an Oscar, a Grammy and the Nobel Peace Prize. In addition, Gore saw his personal wealth increase by an estimated $100 million thanks largely to speaking fees and investments related to global warming hysteria.

“Actions speak louder than words, and Gore’s actions prove that he views climate change not as a serious problem, but as a money-making opportunity,” Johnson said. “Gore is exploiting the public’s concern about the environment to line his pockets and enhance his profile.”

Of course, anyone who's been paying attention to Gore's agendas didn't need a think tank to tell them this.

Rick

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Mr. Gore says his energy consumption is OK because he purchases carbon credits. So basically his position is that it's ok to burn through resources if you have enough money to pay for the privillege. Which I don't have a problem with, it basic rree enterprise. But that doesn't remove the hypocrite label from Gore's forehead.

A side note, at last year's Oscars, (which Al Gore appeared), Those appearing were given gift packages. Included in the package were enough carbon credits to last a lifetime. Now I don't know if Gore received this gift but if he did, now he isn't even paying his own way for his hypocracy.

Okay. I'm no fan of Al Gore, but this kind of writing drives... me... crazy.

This is the headline of the article: "Energy Guzzled by Al Gore's Home in Past Year Could Power 232 U.S. Homes for a Month"

It's been even more twisted in the title of this thread, of course, but on a internet forum that's no big deal. Fact is, read the headline again.. closely... in a YEAR, Gore's home used enough energy to power 232 average American homes for a MONTH. Are... you... kidding.... me?

Gore's house is 10,000 sq. ft. The average American home in 2004 was 2349 sq. ft... so, basically, the accurate fact is that Gore's house uses enough energy to power 19.3 houses 1/4th the size of his per month. Now, note that this STILL makes someone as outspoken as Gore appear to be a hypocrite. It's just that the real numbers aren't shocking, sexy, and won't whip the medieval mob into a frenzy.

Again, not disagreeing with the point made... but the way it's being made by the authors of this "article" should be insulting to the intelligence of anyone with a mind enough to catch such a blatant manipulation.

To make the point more fairly, and really twist the red knife in Gore's blue, bearded back, I'd go somewhere like here: http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/house.asp

Edited by CaribbeanGreen

Okay. I'm no fan of Al Gore, but this kind of writing drives... me... crazy.

This is the headline of the article: "Energy Guzzled by Al Gore's Home in Past Year Could Power 232 U.S. Homes for a Month"

It's been even more twisted in the title of this thread, of course, but on a internet forum that's no big deal. Fact is, read the headline again.. closely... in a YEAR, Gore's home used enough energy to power 232 average American homes for a MONTH. Are... you... kidding.... me?

Gore's house is 10,000 sq. ft. The average American home in 2004 was 2349 sq. ft... so, basically, the accurate fact is that Gore's house uses enough energy to power 19.3 houses 1/4th the size of his per month. Now, note that this STILL makes someone as outspoken as Gore appear to be a hypocrite. It's just that the real numbers aren't shocking, sexy, and won't whip the medieval mob into a frenzy.

Again, not disagreeing with the point made... but the way it's being made by the authors of this "article" should be insulting to the intelligence of anyone with a mind enough to catch such a blatant manipulation.

To make the point more fairly, and really twist the red knife in Gore's blue, bearded back, I'd go somewhere like here: http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/house.asp

Did you know that 92% of statistics can be manipulated 53.2% of the time?

What is a "Carbon Credit" anyhow?

Rick

I've always wondered what the hell it was. No one's asked about mine or offered me one, or told me how to get one. Guess it's for the rich folks that live in 10,000 square feet homes.

FWIW, I think Al Gore is an absolute joke, and an embarassment to society!

Oh, and to me personally, the factoid most embarassing to Al Gore -- far worse than all this minutia-- is that he would have been the President of the United States -- no controversy, no questions asked -- if he had quite simply won the state of..... Tennessee.

Hell, even Walter Mondale won his home state....

Bush's ranch was "green" before green was sexy.

Of course, it's obvious that to truly live green you have to be, like... a gajillionaire. There was a story on CBS Sunday Morning a few weeks back about Julia Louise-Dreyfuss' California beach house being eco-friendly, but the cost was something like 40% more than your traditional home. Another woman had her home built from a graveyard plane. The thing cost over a million and was ugly as hell, but she can live guilt free knowing that not one single chipmunk lost a home so that she could have hers.

Fortunately, Al Gore has a private jet that he can use to zip around the world and suggest that the rest of us set our a/c to 79 degrees and change to $9 light bulbs and ride bicycles to the bus and train stations, and to be happy with our stay-cations instead of selfishly polluting the air just to enjoy a week in Mexico or the Carribbean.

Bush's ranch was "green" before green was sexy.

Of course, it's obvious that to truly live green you have to be, like... a gajillionaire. There was a story on CBS Sunday Morning a few weeks back about Julia Louise-Dreyfuss' California beach house being eco-friendly, but the cost was something like 40% more than your traditional home. Another woman had her home built from a graveyard plane. The thing cost over a million and was ugly as hell, but she can live guilt free knowing that not one single chipmunk lost a home so that she could have hers.

You have to be able to fight through the red tape as well. Do you remember our alumn friend who I posted photos of here who installed his own 30 Killowat wind generator last fall I believe it was? His house meter will be running backwards most of the time. His home sits on the tallest point in Argyle and it's windy there all the freaking time. The wind generator connects to a separate meter at the service pole and is tied into the grid system. When the meter readers come out each month they read both meters and subtract his on the house from the one on the service pole, and he's suppose to recieve a check from the energy company for the power he supplys them with. After he got the thing installed it took him months and numerous calls to even get them to come out and hook up the generator to the service pole. They absolutely did not want him making his own power nor making it for them either. Now they are dicking him around on the pay back, saying that they will only pay pennies for each killowat they buy back from him. I think he should just go with a bettery system and untie to the grid altogether.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

As always look for the WHOLE truth.

Tennesseean.com

As for the increase in the electric bill, Kreider said that the three-year renovation on the home wasn't complete until November, so it's a bit early to attempt a before-and-after comparison. In addition, the Gores participate in the Nashville Electric Service's Green Power Switch program, which allows them to buy their electricity from renewable sources like wind power, solar power or methane gas.

"When they do use power, it's green power," she said, adding that 33 solar panels also supply about 4 percent of the household's power needs.

Rick,

I know you jump at the chance to slam anyone who's not just to the right of Hermann Goering, but would it hurt you check a fact or two? Or does the truth scare you?

Tennesseean.com

Rick,

I know you jump at the chance to slam anyone who's not just to the right of Hermann Goering, but would it hurt you check a fact or two? Or does the truth scare you?

You're right, with 4% of his power coming from solar panels, Gore really is stepping out as a responsible environmentalist.

Is it really that important to defend Gore when he is so blatantly hypocritical when it comes to his own practices?

Gore's hypocrisy isn't the problem. The problem is that our government refuses... REFUSES! to allow us to continue to explore and produce the resources that we have in favor of less efficient, more expensive alternatives. This is not the time to ask Americans to pay more for energy. We need to drill ANWR and our coastlines and give energy companies tax incentives to research and develop alternatives.

Funny thing... the politicians who claim offshore drilling would only save the American people a few cents also claim that if the Saudis would just produce another million barrels a day that the price would drop $30-40 a barrel. Technology is much better now and we can drill in deepwater fields far from shorelines. Since the Chinese are already drill 20 miles from Key West (in Cuban territorial waters), it makes no sense for us to continue our policy of begging the Saudis to help us.

You're right, with 4% of his power coming from solar panels, Gore really is stepping out as a responsible environmentalist.

Is it really that important to defend Gore when he is so blatantly hypocritical when it comes to his own practices?

Ahh selective cutting and pasting of messages. Did you read the entire quoted material or just the part you can misrepresent? They buy their energy from renewable sources. Can I say it louder? THEY BUY THEIR ENERGY FROM RENEWABLE SOURCES!!!! Go ahead and bury your head in the sand. Sling mud whenever possible. And by all means keep voting for neocons, b/c they've certainly not run this country into the ditch, right?

Ahh selective cutting and pasting of messages. Did you read the entire quoted material or just the part you can misrepresent? They buy their energy from renewable sources. Can I say it louder? THEY BUY THEIR ENERGY FROM RENEWABLE SOURCES!!!! Go ahead and bury your head in the sand. Sling mud whenever possible. And by all means keep voting for neocons, b/c they've certainly not run this country into the ditch, right?

Selective cutting and pasting? I just clicked reply and typed... But whatever.

I wish I was rich enough to buy 100% of my energy from renewable sources. For my ultra excessive 10,000 sq. ft. house. That wastes a ton of energy.

An Inconvenient Truth, indeed.

Guest JohnDenver

I wish I was rich enough to buy 100% of my energy from renewable sources. For my ultra excessive 10,000 sq. ft. house. That wastes a ton of energy.

The law of conservation of energy states that energy can not be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another.

Is it really *wasted* though?

As long as he changing wind to electricity... and paying the price. Who cares?

Also, tax incentives to promote development?! How anti-free-market... The government shouldn't be in the business of using my money to give businesses incentive to take more of my money.

Gore's hypocrisy isn't the problem. The problem is that our government refuses... REFUSES! to allow us to continue to explore and produce the resources that we have in favor of less efficient, more expensive alternatives. This is not the time to ask Americans to pay more for energy. We need to drill ANWR and our coastlines and give energy companies tax incentives to research and develop alternatives.

Funny thing... the politicians who claim offshore drilling would only save the American people a few cents also claim that if the Saudis would just produce another million barrels a day that the price would drop $30-40 a barrel. Technology is much better now and we can drill in deepwater fields far from shorelines. Since the Chinese are already drill 20 miles from Key West (in Cuban territorial waters), it makes no sense for us to continue our policy of begging the Saudis to help us.

Actually, from everything I've read the Chinese drilling thing is not true.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojoblog/archiv...laims_chin.html

Tennesseean.com

Rick,

What truth is that, your liberal weenie wuss truth or the real one about Al Gore being a fraud?

Rick

Al Gore Eats Baby Carrots !!

Film at 11:00.

It is this type of sensationalism from both sides of the aisle, that is destroying American's ability to compromise.

Years ago, people go agree to disagree with their political opponents and work toward compromise, now everyone spends so much time demonizing each other, and the people just keep sucking it up like pigs at the trough, that it is impossible to work with the enemy.

IDIOTS.

Also, tax incentives to promote development?! How anti-free-market... The government shouldn't be in the business of using my money to give businesses incentive to take more of my money.

I heart you

What truth is that, your liberal weenie wuss truth or the real one about Al Gore being a fraud?

Rick

Yet another brilliant, intellectual contribution. Hey...do you have any more of those pictures of children attacked by pit bulls?

Al Gore Eats Baby Carrots !!

Film at 11:00.

It is this type of sensationalism from both sides of the aisle, that is destroying American's ability to compromise.

Years ago, people go agree to disagree with their political opponents and work toward compromise, now everyone spends so much time demonizing each other, and the people just keep sucking it up like pigs at the trough, that it is impossible to work with the enemy.

IDIOTS.

And exactly why I have essentially shut it down politically...I can't watch the news anymore...nobody actually discusses policy or issues...instead its bounty hunters (and not cool racist ones like DOG...rather uncool racist ones who wear suits) who wait for the most mundane slip up from either side and attempts to blow things completly out of proportion...and all it has left us with are two boring and generic candidates who are essentially the exact same and afraid to have any personality.

I just wish my party still fielded a candidate.