Unt Discussion - Cusa Thread

Our "friends at SMU" get in their usual half truths and sarcasim.

Yeah, only because they are terrified that annual losses to UNT will make their program look like an even bigger sack of crap.

Is it me or does "longwayaway" sound like that jerk CheckFacts that got banned last week??? Hmm, that post was the first for that user.

Edited by UNTflyer

someone on the cusa board said Cusa has always been about "attendance first" ie if UNT built a stadium and was getting 35K attendance then cusa would interested....then why did they take SMU....SMU has no attendance and is about as big a dump program you can get without goingto Div 3.

Yes, SMU, Rice, Houston and Tulane are all big attendance schools. It seems to me that Western CUSA members who have the benefits of higher profile schools, more regional scheduling, and higher budgets should be the last to mention attendance deficits.

Yeah, only because they are terrified that annual losses to UNT will make their program look like an even bigger sack of crap.

Is it me or does "longwayaway" sound like that jerk CheckFacts that got banned last week??? Hmm, that post was the first for that user.

He doesn't just sound like him...he is him.

Here's the one thing I know for sure, NOBODY who is getting laid has the spare time or pent up frustration to troll around trashing a university on the internet.

I think SMUt would make an ideal addition to the Southland Conference. :P:lol:

Think about it... June Jones has already doubled season ticket sales at SMU (from 1,000 to 2,000, I'm sure). If the Big East pulls SMU into their fold, suddenly C-USA has no DFW team and the school most opposed to our entry is gone.

A couple of interesting ideas that I hadn't heard before being discussed...namely the thought that the WAC might steal the NO Bowl while the SBC would then get the GMAC and a Florida bowl. In THAT scenario, I would think that UNT would have to SERIOUSLY consider joining the WAC. One mentioned that UNT would "deliver" the NO Bowl to the WAC. Which brings me to...

...does anyone have the "actual" butts in seats for the NO Bowl games in terms of how well each SBC school did? I know we brought between 10-15k for 4 straight years and FAU did miserable last year....ASU had the game in Lafayette. How did Troy do in their trip? Either way, is it possible that b/c of our great showing that we are considered a major selling point for that bowl in future conference alignments?