Fundraising Ideas For New Stadium

I just started thinking about this when I read (on the board today) about the possibility of the Radisson being imploded. Made me wonder, since so many have mentioned wanting to see that happen to Fouts, how many would pay for the chance to trigger that. Of course it's already been done...in Cincinnati. Come on guys, how much would you put up (all proceeds going to new stadium CONSTRUCTION) to trigger the charge, do the countdown,have VIP seats for you and your friends to see it, etc.? Warning: linked page seems slow to open up.

Raffle to implode stadium in Cincinnati

Good idea, I think there'd be a chance for a lot of publicity for this. However....

I'm no engineer, but it would seem to me that Fouts would more likely be torn down piece by piece than imploded. I just don't think it's big enough to warrant that kind of demolition. Is there an engineer in the house?

Good idea, I think there'd be a chance for a lot of publicity for this. However....

I'm no engineer, but it would seem to me that Fouts would more likely be torn down piece by piece than imploded. I just don't think it's big enough to warrant that kind of demolition. Is there an engineer in the house?

I believe you are correct, I doubt their is an implosion possibility with fouts. I would still like to be the one to blow it up. Maybe we could do a drop the recking ball raffle?

Guest GrayEagleOne

By the time that we can implode Fouts, the new stadidum will be in place and financed. However, this is a great idea and instead of applying the proceeds toward the new stadium, how about toward an indoor practice field? How about $100 a chance? All donors would allowed to attend certain practices in the indoor facility.

Best way to raise money for a new stadium is to buy season tickets for this year and years in the future. Fill Fouts and the "bigger" money folks will step forward...BELIEVE ME! So............stop thinking about it and posting ways to get the new stadium moving...simply fill Fouts THIS YEAR!

By the time that we can implode Fouts, the new stadidum will be in place and financed. However, this is a great idea and instead of applying the proceeds toward the new stadium, how about toward an indoor practice field? How about $100 a chance? All donors would allowed to attend certain practices in the indoor facility.

Indoor practice facility? New stadium in our lifetime? Either you have info that no one else has access to or your green koolaide has been spiked big time!!!

Indoor practice facility? New stadium in our lifetime? Either you have info that no one else has access to or your green koolaide has been spiked big time!!!

Ah, the joy of colorblindness; I'm never sure if it's green koolaide i'm drinking. My wife helps as much as she can.

Sounds like a fun gimmick. But here's how we build a new stadium...

Donate money to the North Texas Athletic program. Earmark it for "stadium construction" if you wish, but give money to NT Athletics.

We seem to spend a lot of time waiting for someone else to do the lifting for us. If it's to be OUR stadium, then WE need to step up and pay for it. There is no tooth fairy, and there's no santa claus (note the lower case).

Write a check. Find a giving level and give some money to your Athletic Department. If you're already a giver, try to increase your level of giving.

Let's stop looking for mr. big bucks. He's not out there.

If it's to be, it's up to you and me.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by greenjoe