Naming Rights For New Cowboys Stadium

I don't know, it's nice having all your pro stadiums within the city limits...

I wish the Cowboys would pass on the corporate sponsor name for the stadium in favor of an homage to the past, but I think the demand will be too great to pass up whatever $$ will come that way.

Edited by Eagle1855

Jerry is going to walk away with hundreds of millions, maybe billions, and never having to put up a nickel out of his own pocket. The taxpayers of Arlington are paying for half the stadium, and the fans that go the games will pay for the other half through a "ticket tax".

Ch. 8 did a story on this and even questioned the legality of collecting taxes to pay for Jerry's half of the deal that Arlington citizens approved.

Everybody went into this with blinders on... they didn't want to hear about the concerns some groups had, they just wanted the Cowboys in Arlington. Well... they got 'em!

I have an uncle in Little Rock that is retired from the oil and gas business, and he didn't have anything nice to say about JJ when he bought the Cowboys. He said he was pretty shrewd and was a smooth talker that was tough to trust.

I also had the privilege of meeting Alicia Landry when I worked at the Baylor Tom Landry Center and the Landry family doesn't want to have much to do with JJ, so I it would be interesting to see their reaction should Jerry choose to name the field after Coach Landry.

Most millionares/billionares and are and need to be shrewd....thats how they become what they are. Deep down Jones is probably a nice guy but he does a few things that rub people the wrong way and he gets a worse rap than what he probably deserves. Granted I dont know the guy but its generally how things work. As for the stadium, it should have been in Dallas because there are just some things a city cant let go and giving up on the Cowboys was pathetic. As for the stadium naming, I doubt that it would be Landry Field but I can see it being like Pepsi Texas Stadium or Dr. Pepper Texas Stadium or something to that effect. Even way before the stadium stuff happened Jerry made clear that the stadium will be sponsored by a corporation. Kudos to him.

Most millionares/billionares and are and need to be shrewd....thats how they become what they are. Deep down Jones is probably a nice guy but he does a few things that rub people the wrong way and he gets a worse rap than what he probably deserves. Granted I dont know the guy but its generally how things work. As for the stadium, it should have been in Dallas because there are just some things a city cant let go and giving up on the Cowboys was pathetic. As for the stadium naming, I doubt that it would be Landry Field but I can see it being like Pepsi Texas Stadium or Dr. Pepper Texas Stadium or something to that effect. Even way before the stadium stuff happened Jerry made clear that the stadium will be sponsored by a corporation. Kudos to him.

Football stadium debt typically never comes close to being recovered in terms of revenue or business brought to a City. The Cowboys have been in Irving for almost 40 years why should Dallas care at the kind of cost we are talking about. Dallas has lots of debt to pay off and we have burdened the heck out of Hotels and Rental car companies to the extent they just prefer now to locate outside the city limits of Dallas.

Edited by KingDL1