Dennis, White Sbc Honors

filmerj

My All-Conference teams were going to by my TySports post until Tina asked me to ammend it. Our first teams were spot on. Here's the rest of my list:

Second Team -

G. O'Darien Bassett Troy

G. Collin Dennis UNT

C. Russell Hicks FIU

G. Daon Merritt USA

G. Tyrone Brazelton WKU

Third Team -

F. Quincy Williams UNT

F. Alex Galindo FIU

G. Kyndall Dykes UNO

G. Tony Hooper ULM

G. Ryan Wedel ASU

I felt Josh was too inconsistant to make the All-Conference team...he was far and away the top freshman...but I felt Hooper, Dykes and Dominic Tilford of USA all showed more consistancy...especially Dykes.

The Brandon Davis pick over Quincy Williams irks me. Davis has the higher FG% (63.5% to 49.4%) but also taken 60 fewer shots. Both are counted on for their rebounding and Q out-boarded Davis by almost 2 per game...and had 7 double-doubles to Davis' 4.

Also...I think naming Ronnie Arrow coach of the year is a give up selection. Arrow inherited one of the most talented teams in the conference...and while he needs to be applauded for turning talent into wins...I felt Joe Scott of Denver and Joe Pasternak of UNO both exceded expectations...especially Scott.

Way to go guys... White Earns a much deserved Freshman of the Year honors.

<a href="http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=1404464" target="_blank">

</a>http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle...;ATCLID=1404464

sorry filmerj... I didn't see your thread on this topic and re-posted it... I even looked through the forum but just missed it....

sorry filmerj... I didn't see your thread on this topic and re-posted it... I even looked through the forum but just missed it....

No biggie. We are all part of the dysfunctional UNT family. ;)

Edited by filmerj

I might have had Banks in there instead of Wedel and surely someone should give Steve Shields some recognition - picked 6th, finished 1st.

I think Banks and FAU's Paul Graham wouldv'e gotten more love had they played full seasons...Banks only played 20 games b/c he had to keep it real (and he was injured for a while as well)...and Graham played just 23 games after being suspended around Christmas.

Sheilds and despite my criticism of him, Robert Lee probably should've gotten more recognition as well. Taking nothing away from Arrow...but I really think this was a default pick to the best team

I think Banks and FAU's Paul Graham wouldv'e gotten more love had they played full seasons...Banks only played 20 games b/c he had to keep it real (and he was injured for a while as well)...and Graham played just 23 games after being suspended around Christmas.

Sheilds and despite my criticism of him, Robert Lee probably should've gotten more recognition as well. Taking nothing away from Arrow...but I really think this was a default pick to the best team

I think a case could definitely be made for Robert Lee. ULL started off pretty poorly this year (I was critical of them several times), but once conference play came around, they seemed to get it together. Would've been easy to let the season get away from them based off of the way they started.