Way Too Early Predictions

NT03

UNT Flyer posted: Plumm Mean Green will promptly be rushed to the hospital for a severe case of carpal tunnel syndrome

Flyer', you are right on target as I already have to wear 2 half braces on my arms at night due to carpal tunnel.

Coach Dodge just had his first full recruiting season with a fairly nice haul with some key JUCO's to fill in some key spots this Fall.

I will continue to stick with my past feelings of his 2'nd year getting closer to .500 this Fall................. but his first over .500 season in his 3'rd year with a bowl team IMHO. (His predeccessor went over .500 in his 5'th year if memory serves me well).

The program is heading in the right direction with the coaches we have. We need some dramatic stadium announcements very soon to show all the other Texas D1-A schools that North Texas intends to be a player in NCAA D1-A and not just a school that, uh............stays the course with our past "business as usual" attitude.

Upper echelon UNT leadership must find some fundraisers who are heavy hitter fundraisers because the past status quo attitude of non-high stakes fundraising with UNT alum/potential Big Donors who hardly know us will keep us where we've been the last quarter of a century--as in going nowhere fast. Just my .02 albeit a bit off original thread topic. :rolleyes:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I think what will be different is that we will have actual engineering plans, a real model (not just a concept model), and a price tag to ponder.

I wouldn't worry about the funding. From what I've heard, we have a plan. As I indicated in my post a few days ago, I don't want to spill the beans... but the consensus on this board about needing to secure 60% or more of the price of the stadium from private donors before going public with fundraising is not the plan.

We've had a price tag to ponder for a couple of years, yet not much on the fundraising front to get us there.

Not worry about funding? Uh, unless I'm missing something, that is an essential piece of the plan.

Well good, we will go public with the plans with less than 60% of the funding secured. That makes me feel good and excited about the new plan <_<

The fundraising plan has been the big mystery for years now. What I do know is that we have turned over our fundraising department personel a couple of times in the last few years and now elevated a staff member that has pissed off numerous dues paying members of the MGC to a position of greater importance in fundraising. We, also, now have a position open as the director of the Mean Green Club and my bet is the position will be given to an LSU or Southern Miss grad that could give a rat's arse about NT's athletic future.

Sorry for the rant, but I've grown tired of the talk and am ready to see some action and your information smells of more smoke and mirrors.

We've had a price tag to ponder for a couple of years, yet not much on the fundraising front to get us there.

Not worry about funding? Uh, unless I'm missing something, that is an essential piece of the plan.

Well good, we will go public with the plans with less than 60% of the funding secured. That makes me feel good and excited about the new plan <_<

The fundraising plan has been the big mystery for years now. What I do know is that we have turned over our fundraising department personel a couple of times in the last few years and now elevated a staff member that has pissed off numerous dues paying members of the MGC to a position of greater importance in fundraising. We, also, now have a position open as the director of the Mean Green Club and my bet is the position will be given to an LSU or Southern Miss grad that could give a rat's arse about NT's athletic future.

Sorry for the rant, but I've grown tired of the talk and am ready to see some action and your information smells of more smoke and mirrors.

Well, it is a political year.

Way too early is right. Until we see us some spring ball, it seems silly to venture a guess even... therefore, I'm going to do it.

Aug 30th @ Kansas State: 35-21 L

I don't see a blowout here, and with our team on a "what can we do?" high vs. Kansas State being on a "worst in the Big XII low", we should be able to play a ballgame here. Remember, NT beat a better Tech Team TWICE with teams with less talent than we have today.

Sept 6th vs Tulsa: 28-21 L

The a$$whipping of a couple of years ago doesn't hit close to home with most still on this team, so won't be much of a factor. This game on the 2009 schedule, we win - but this early in the season, DeLoach doesn't have enough time to turn the D around in time to pull this one off.

Sept 13th @ LSU: 45-21 L

Simply too much for our guys to handle. However, I see a repeat of the Texas game a few years back when we hung in there strong for the first half. We will not get rolled the way we did by OU last year.

Sept 27th @ Rice: 45-42 W

Shootout - Coming off what will be a hard losing streak, this game COULD be a letdown, but the X's and O's say we win. Let's hope I'm wrong and DeLoach's D never allows this many points to anyone other than LSU.

Oct 4th vs FIU: 28-7 W

The Revenge Troll appears during this game and kicks FIU's QB in the nads. Solid win.

Oct 25th vs Troy: 28-21 L

Troy, despite rolling into town with a first year starter, still appears to be the class of the belt. If they could find consistancy, Troy would dominate like UNT did for 4 years. We play well, but not good enough.

Nov 1st @ WKU: 41-20 W

Still pissed about how this team behaived on our field last year, Vizza and the team are on a mission. This is a blowout.

Nov 8th @ FAU: 24-20 W

Upset of the Year - We're due to beat this team. We ride in 2-1 in conference and ride out in control of our season.

TBD @ ULM: 28-10 L

Brickwall - ULM's Solid OCC performances last year were not a fluke and they will be a contender for the title this year. I think we come in a little too much on a cloud 3-1 on the season in conference play and stub our toe.

TBD @ MTSU: 38-21 W

The STFU Bowl. We beat 'em, and solidly. No good football reason as to why we should win this game, but I feel good about whippin' some raider butt this year.

TBD vs Arkansas St: 17-14 L

Our young team comes in a little undiciplined after beating a team they shouldn't have last week and lose to a team they should this week. Should be a close game, but our youth shows through here.

TBD vs ULL: 28-17 W

Should be an easy win for NT this year if everything comes together and we see constant improvement on both sides of the ball all year.

6-6, but at 5-3 in conference, we won't be in the hunt for the title yet this year, and based on the success of Sunbelt teams getting a bowl nod, I'm guessing our season ends on a high note with a win at Fouts.

I admit, I've been drinking the cool-aid, but I have to go back to last year. The team we watched play all year will be better on offense and should have at least an average defense this year. That team would have been .500 last year too.

I really don't see 6-6 as out of the question.

For our OOC games we lose to KSU,LSU, and Tulsa. But we do hand it to Rice 1-3

It goes like this in the Belt, you have Troy and everyone else. It doesn't take alot to go from cellar dwellar to the top in the belt. So us going 5-3 in the Belt is not crazy.

We still have a young team, but at least our QB has a year experience. The JUCO's should help on the O-line and it should give Vizza more time than he had last year. Micah is a year older and bigger, and I expect some things from Cam now that he is healthy. We have a solid stable of young WR's to go with Fitz. On the D we got a lot of help where it was needed, defensive backfield. This should be a much improved group. LB corp should be very young, very athletic, and very very fast. Nwigwe at MLB is a big boost, hopefully he can stay out of trouble and live up to the hype.

Oh yeah, almost forgot one of the biggest additions in the off-season. A very over looked player is the JUCO kicker we got. It will make a huge difference not having to go for it on 4th and 7 from their 28.

I really don't see 6-6 as out of the question.

For our OOC games we lose to KSU,LSU, and Tulsa. But we do hand it to Rice 1-3

It goes like this in the Belt, you have Troy and everyone else. It doesn't take alot to go from cellar dwellar to the top in the belt. So us going 5-3 in the Belt is not crazy.

We still have a young team, but at least our QB has a year experience. The JUCO's should help on the O-line and it should give Vizza more time than he had last year. Micah is a year older and bigger, and I expect some things from Cam now that he is healthy. We have a solid stable of young WR's to go with Fitz. On the D we got a lot of help where it was needed, defensive backfield. This should be a much improved group. LB corp should be very young, very athletic, and very very fast. Nwigwe at MLB is a big boost, hopefully he can stay out of trouble and live up to the hype.

Oh yeah, almost forgot one of the biggest additions in the off-season. A very over looked player is the JUCO kicker we got. It will make a huge difference not having to go for it on 4th and 7 from their 28.

Florida Atlantic politely disagrees.

Also, I still see MTSU having a great OOC season. I wouldn't be surprised if they do their usual crunch time choke job in conference, but they could make some noise and get some attention early in the season by beating a few name teams OOC.

Edited by TheTastyGreek

UNT will go 6-6 or better next year...some great thoughts posted on this thread...nicely done..especially the part about winning tonight and heading to Mobile....I think both Dodge and DeLoach find ways to "fix" some "cahllenges" from last season, and we see nice upside this year...6-6 will not get us to a bowl, but that WILL COME under Coach Dodge! You gotta BELIEVE! GO MEAN GREEN! :thumbsup:

H-Town,

Look past the stigma of their sexy coach and notice that they took care of their business in the second half against us, and in the championship game against Troy.

I don't care for the Owls too much, either, but ignoring their accomplishments in favor of Troy's seems eerily similar to how the media used to feel about MTSU vs. UNT.

I also think FAU has a much higher ceiling than MTSU. we'll see...

Just curious why you don't believe.

It goes like this in the Belt, you have Troy and everyone else.

Serious mistake to overlook FAU. They are returning virtually their entire offense and should be favored to repeat as the Belt champ. Troy is losing their QB and he'll be a difficult one to replace.

Edited by MeanGreen61

Micah is a year older and bigger, and I expect some things from Cam now that he is healthy.

As good as the overall offense was last season(compared to the DD years of course), it fluttered in key situations on many occasions. Lack of an explosive RB really hurt, IMO. hopefully, Cam can have an impact year.