We Win!

EagleD

I was in the pit crew tonight since im a student....im kinda a bigger (FAT) guy who stands in thw isle all game...i think i was really loud starting my d-fense chants. and i was down on the floor when my hall CI (college inn) did our relay! what a game...we really got into it at the end!

Great game last night! Super win...but what a strange game. UNT "lost" every bounce and seemingly every off-rebound last night...they threw the ball away in some really "interesting" ways, and the 'bounds kept bouncing just short...I thought SA got every break...except for the refs who were whistle crazy and kept any tempo out of the entire game...bad job refs....in the first half. Also...the crowd was DEAD! I could not believe with SA in the house that the crowd was so dead. Even the Pit Crew...and they are absolutely THE BEST...did not get going really well until late in the second half. The whole crowd was really sitting on their hands last night...and they were a bit "late arriving" too. VERY INTERESTING...maybe it was the cold weather...who knows.

BUT...the men hung in there...I think they were well prepared by JJ and his staff to handle this team...SA is bigger and it showed several times inside the paint..but, bigger isn't always better...and it wasn't last night.

I cannot believe how STUPID SA was on the last play with UNT up 2 points! They looked as if they wanted to go for two and the tie...at least that's what I thoufght I saw the coach mentioning and jestering...but UNT's "D" kept them outside and they completely wasted a chance to win or tie with a brick thrown up in the last second as the clock ran out. Man, no summa cum laudes on that SA team it looks like!

Close the whole game...really nice win for the men...women took it all the way in a blowout win to start the evening...way to go ladies!

O.K., now let's get some rears in the seats for Saturday night. The teams...both of them...deserve more support than they got Thursday night from the home crowd...let's rock the joint Saturday night!!! See you there.

Way to GO MEAN GREEN...super wins! :clapping:

So true about the bridge...I hate that thing! I have done the commute thing from Denton to DFW for about 30 years now...the bridge is just a mess many times, but it has gooten better since they added the third lane just north of the bridge...but, man...took me over 4 hours to get from LBJ and Midway to Denton a few weeks ago when the truck burned just south of the bridge and they closed 35 down! UGH! Let's hope for better luck Saturday with the traffic!

GO MEAN GREEN!

So true about the bridge...I hate that thing! I have done the commute thing from Denton to DFW for about 30 years now...the bridge is just a mess many times, but it has gooten better since they added the third lane just north of the bridge...but, man...took me over 4 hours to get from LBJ and Midway to Denton a few weeks ago when the truck burned just south of the bridge and they closed 35 down! UGH! Let's hope for better luck Saturday with the traffic!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Among my many hopes and dreams is that when there's a weeknight basketball game, the bullet commuter train from Dallas to Denton makes a special, nonstop trip that takes 20 minutes at 120 mph, with university shuttle buses taking thousands of people from the rail station to the Pit and then back to the rail post-game.

I'm counting on it for my great-grandchildren.

I was in the pit crew tonight since im a student....im kinda a bigger (FAT) guy who stands in thw isle all game...i think i was really loud starting my d-fense chants. and i was down on the floor when my hall CI (college inn) did our relay! what a game...we really got into it at the end!

You guys did a great job last night! Thanks for all the spirit and support. It definitely made the difference IMO. You could see it in the eyes of the players!

Somebody in the Pit Crew had a white T-shirt on that had a green "Kermit the Frog" on it holding up the Claw with the caption something like, "It's easy being green" Where can I get one of those?? That is great!!

You guys did a great job last night! Thanks for all the spirit and support. It definitely made the difference IMO. You could see it in the eyes of the players!

Somebody in the Pit Crew had a white T-shirt on that had a green "Kermit the Frog" on it holding up the Claw with the caption something like, "It's easy being green" Where can I get one of those?? That is great!!

wish i knew where to get one of those....they look great! i thought it was great that RV came around with about a minute left and pumped us all up! then as the team was leaving the court, JJ walked over by us and stood thier and clapped and cheered us and we all went nuts....i was thier for the OSU game and honestly this win was as good if not better! :)

Edited by bstnsportsfan3

One irony of the game was the appearance of orange pumpkin heads.....we worked for years to get orange out of the SuperPit and now it has reared its ugly head again....I know that is the color of basketballs, but I had a real bad orange flash back when I saw them.

One irony of the game was the appearance of orange pumpkin heads.....we worked for years to get orange out of the SuperPit and now it has reared its ugly head again....I know that is the color of basketballs, but I had a real bad orange flash back when I saw them.

Msan I remember those seats. YUCK! Yuknow, just about nothing else has changed in the Super Pit in 30 years. What was the significance of the pumpkin orang hats? Just basketballs! Lose them and get more green hair!!!