Franklin Commit

GreenMachine

How is Franklins' commit holding up? Didn't he take a visit somewhere else last week?

His father has stated Troy would honor his committment to North Texas. Yes his brother who was a star FB player before cancer of the leg is also coming to NT but not to play football. Another tidbit he is taking power lifting this semester instead of playing BB and is now in the 292 range weight wise.

I believe he is one of the stars of this class and that he will honor his committment.

His father has stated Troy would honor his committment to North Texas. Yes his brother who was a star FB player before cancer of the leg is also coming to NT but not to play football. Another tidbit he is taking power lifting this semester instead of playing BB and is now in the 292 range weight wise.

I believe he is one of the stars of this class and that he will honor his committment.

:thumbsup:

Old Timer, what is your general assessment of this year's recruiting class thus far?

GMG!

I consider this guy one of the for sure commitments of this crop...almost more than Rodge. I've seen him at at least 2 football games and have heard of him having two other visits, plus the fact that his brother is transferring here makes me consider him a lock to sign.

Rivals have moved Troy Franklin up to 3*

I noticed that today also. We now have 7 3-star players. In addition to the 3-star playes, our 2-star players are near the upper end of the 2-star category. In the past, most of our 2-star recruits were near the bottom end of the rivals 2-star classification.

Awesome work TD and staff !!

I can honestly say I've never heard of that.

I noticed that today also. We now have 7 3-star players. In addition to the 3-star playes, our 2-star players are near the upper end of the 2-star category. In the past, most of our 2-star recruits were near the bottom end of the rivals 2-star classification.

Awesome work TD and staff !!

Coleman Feeley has been moved up to 5.4 2-star giving us 3 players at that rating. Feeley, Desmond Brigham and Lance Dunbar are each .1 away from being 3-star and giving us TEN. :)

Guest GrayEagleOne

Rivals have moved Troy Franklin up to 3*

If I'm not mistaken, the move up was based on his reevaluation as an offensive lineman. He was raised from a 5.4 as a defensive lineman to 5.5 as an offensive lineman. It's my observation that was probably due to speed. A 5 flat offensive lineman is fast whereas a defensive lineman with that speed is considered slightly above average.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised that reevaluating Riley Dodge as a quarterback rather than an athlete wouldn't raise his rating another tenth of a point.

Edited by GrayEagleOne

If I'm not mistaken, the move up was based on his reevaluation as an offensive lineman. He was raised from a 5.4 as a defensive lineman to 5.5 as an offensive lineman. It's my observation that was probably due to speed. A 5 flat offensive lineman is fast whereas a defensive lineman with that speed is considered slightly above average.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised that reevaluating Riley Dodge as a quarterback rather than an athlete wouldn't raise his rating another tenth of a point.

So how many Rivals 3 * verbals does Franklin give the Mean Green at this juncture & just how many Rival *'s does Riley Dodge have now?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

That is true I don't know if it would really increase his star rating but it would increase his position value rivals uses to grade classes. He's currently ranked the 48th best athlete in the nation but with the same 3-star 5.7 grade he would be between the 9th-12th best QB in the nation.

I can honestly say I've never heard of that.

I posted this article back in November:

Franklin will be joined at UNT next fall by his older brother Tyler, a member of Celina’s 2005 state championship team who was forced to give up a college football career because of a bout with bone cancer which was diagnosed less than a week after he had signed with Texas A&M-Commerce.

Troy said Tyler, now a student at Oklahoma State, will transfer to UNT and become a student assistant with the Mean Green’s strength and conditioning program.