Bo Mccalebb Needs 11 Points Tonight

SUMG

Since he's averaging almost 22 a game....it seems a pretty good bet that Mr. McCalebb will become the league's all-time leading scorer TONIGHT. (He'll be breaking a record set by a South Florida player, who played from '81-'85).

Anyway, it'd be classy of us, to recognize this feat...if Bo does accomplish this tonight. I'd sure be willing to give this young man a standing O. Hopefully, if he does break the record...we'll announce it over the PA. (soon after it happens).

Now, of course, if we were to hold him to 10 or less....that'd be even better.

Edited by SUMG

It would be very classy of us to stop and recognize Bo. I can't personally speak to his character...but he strikes me as a very grounded indivdual who has been through a lot in his time at UNO. One season ending injury, 3 different coaches (one being a giant douchebag), Katrina, Jamie McNeilly as the most talented player he's ever gotten to play with...thats a lot...and for him to return to UNO this year when he would've been a mid second round NBA pick...he deserves a warm reception (for a total of 45 seconds after he breaks the record...aside from that, ride his ass the entire game)

Or when he is shooting on the basket by the Pit Crew they all drop trow and moon the guy...

I doubt you would get tossed out for that kind of heckling....

I'm really glad that idea never got brought up when we were drunk...especially considering what I would've suggested we do with the sock puppets.

Reality is that we will probably not keep him under 12 points tonight so I know its a long shot......and I'll stand and cheer for this accomplishment if it happens...BUT I hope we spoil McCalebb's chance at this record tonight at the Super Pit and beat the hell out of New Orleans in the process....

Thanks for the kind comments regarding Bo. I do hope that, at the next dead ball after he breaks the mark, it is announced so you guys can give him his ovation. I was hoping he'd do it at home, but it is somewhat fitting it falls against you guys with the games he's played against UNT in the past.

Now...somebody get that darn video feed fixed so we can at least SEE it happen. So far, it's been dead all first half of the women's game.

Thanks for the kind comments regarding Bo. I do hope that, at the next dead ball after he breaks the mark, it is announced so you guys can give him his ovation. I was hoping he'd do it at home, but it is somewhat fitting it falls against you guys with the games he's played against UNT in the past.

Now...somebody get that darn video feed fixed so we can at least SEE it happen. So far, it's been dead all first half of the women's game.

sounds good....I hope they announce too... our Pit Crew is pretty rough on our opponents... I hope that they will applaud and not do something silly.......And Bo has had some great games against us... sorry, but I hope that changes tonight.... I tried to get the women's game too, but the feed is down... I don't why we have so much problems with our video feed. I watched the Denver and Troy game and the video feed was near perfection...

sounds good....I hope they announce too... our Pit Crew is pretty rough on our opponents... I hope that they will applaud and not do something silly.......And Bo has had some great games against us... sorry, but I hope that changes tonight.... I tried to get the women's game too, but the feed is down... I don't why we have so much problems with our video feed. I watched the Denver and Troy game and the video feed was near perfection...

The women's video is now working for me!

I'm proud of our fans and the Pit Crew. We did the right thing by stopping the game and the heckling to clap and cheer for Bo McCalebb's fantastic accomplishment.

On behalf of the UNO fans who couldn't be there on a weeknight to see it live, thank you North Texas. That was a very subtle, classy way to handle the accomplishment. It didn't disrupt the game at all, but it was recognized and warmly received by an "opposing" crowd. Great job by the Sun Belt and by UNT.

I am NOT looking forward to seeing you guys in early March after this blowout...

On behalf of the UNO fans who couldn't be there on a weeknight to see it live, thank you North Texas. That was a very subtle, classy way to handle the accomplishment. It didn't disrupt the game at all, but it was recognized and warmly received by an "opposing" crowd. Great job by the Sun Belt and by UNT.

I am NOT looking forward to seeing you guys in early March after this blowout...

Your are welcome...... UNO happens to be the last game we play before the SBC tourny... it should be one hell of game... we will seek revenge and a high tourny placement, while UNO defends home court and their tourny placement.

If most of the team had the flu, a game Saturday, and losing by close to 30 points, why in the world did JJ keep the regulars in and in a bad full court press to boot?

Hey guys, do any of you know if the game was televised locally in your area tonite? If so, I'd like to contact them and see about getting a copy. Kinda historic for us with Bo breaking the record.

Also, thanks for being so classy when Bo got his game ball. Great fans you have there.

NTTV I'm sure had a crew there. You might send'm an email. I think they've sold games in the past for about $10.

Congrats to UNO btw. I'm starting to have a healthy dislike for your school. :lol: Maybe one day we can actually win. <_<

The West is gonna be fun.

Edited by CMJ

Hey guys, do any of you know if the game was televised locally in your area tonite? If so, I'd like to contact them and see about getting a copy. Kinda historic for us with Bo breaking the record.

Also, thanks for being so classy when Bo got his game ball. Great fans you have there.

You might ask the rest of the UNO team about how great we are.... the Pit Crew talked up some serious smack, as usual.....and there was some really fun exchanges between UNO players and the Pit Crew. I've never seen a basketball team talk as much back as UNO did tonight.... I actually enjoyed it and how animated and lively they were.... I hope the game outcome, however, will be different come March. BTW, your coach needs to get examined (very soon) for potential heart related difficulties, especially high blood pressure... I'd hate to see his behavior on a losing night :D

We (NTTV) were there for both games. I would be happy to help out.

Give us a call at our station, 940-565-2041, ask for Jason.

Reduno I am also PM'ing you my email address.

From a broadcasting point of view, I kinda wish Bo's record breaking score wasn't a free throw. It doesn't make much a of a replay.

Thx, jason. I'll call you today. I'm with you on the record....wish it would've been a steal and dunk.

We (NTTV) were there for both games. I would be happy to help out.

Give us a call at our station, 940-565-2041, ask for Jason.

Reduno I am also PM'ing you my email address.

From a broadcasting point of view, I kinda wish Bo's record breaking score wasn't a free throw. It doesn't make much a of a replay.