Oct 18th ( will not be FIU)

Oct 25th vs. Troy

Nov 1st (will not be ASU)

Nov 8th @ FAU

Nov 15th (will not be ULM)

Nov 22nd @ MTSU

SBC away games : @ ULM , @ WKU

SBC home games : ULL , FIU , ASU

* Note 1 of these weeks will be a BYE week , teams I know whom have scheduled games on dates listed are in parentheses

Edited by NT03

once again it looks like we are only playing one OOC at home this year, no wonder our attendance never gets to high unless we are winning a ton, there never more than one name team that comes to Fouts. Tulsa this coming year, Navy last year, SMU before that, otherwise it is all Sun Belt teams.

once again it looks like we are only playing one OOC at home this year, no wonder our attendance never gets to high unless we are winning a ton, there never more than one name team that comes to Fouts. Tulsa this coming year, Navy last year, SMU before that, otherwise it is all Sun Belt teams.

I still think its better than years past. 2002 we had Nicholls State and South Florida (who was an independent at the time). 2003 we had Baylor, which was a good draw. 2004 it was FAU, who was not in the Sun Belt yet.

You might want to also miss it this year from what I saw in attending the 2007 game in Troy where we were totally ouplayed, outcoached, and outclassed --7 turnovers result in 7 points that came when the game was nearly over!!!!!!

Outclassed. Isn't it odd taht you pointed that out. Someone who has done nothing except turn their negativity gun on high this off season.

Outclassed. Isn't it odd taht you pointed that out. Someone who has done nothing except turn their negativity gun on high this off season.

Negativity or realism? BTW how does that equate to class and how many of these 2007 butt kickings did you attend and what did you see so awe inspiring?-- we need to get serious about FB or get out. Seeing all sunshine when you look at this season is a LOSER'S perspective. We should expect much more NOW!

Negativity or realism? BTW how does that equate to class and how many of these 2007 butt kickings did you attend and what did you see so awe inspiring?-- we need to get serious about FB or get out. Seeing all sunshine when you look at this season is a LOSER'S perspective. We should expect much more NOW!

So what makes you think UNT is not serious about FB? We didn't have a winning record? We didn't win the Sun Belt? Based on that logic the target should be a NCAA Championship. 118 out of 119 D1 teams didn't do that, does that mean they are not serious about football and should get out?

I expect progress this next season. Based on the verbal committments and the change at the DC position I have every reason to believe that we will progress and get better next year. I hope we contend for the Sun Belt Champion, but would be happy with a fully expect something more like 4-8 or 5-7.

So what makes you think UNT is not serious about FB? We didn't have a winning record? We didn't win the Sun Belt? Based on that logic the target should be a NCAA Championship. 118 out of 119 D1 teams didn't do that, does that mean they are not serious about football and should get out?

I expect progress this next season. Based on the verbal committments and the change at the DC position I have every reason to believe that we will progress and get better next year. I hope we contend for the Sun Belt Champion, but would be happy with a fully expect something more like 4-8 or 5-7.

You just hit bingo---THE WHOLE UNT PROBLEM BEING HAPPY WITH 4-8 OR 5-7 WHY?

You just hit bingo---THE WHOLE UNT PROBLEM BEING HAPPY WITH 4-8 OR 5-7 WHY?

I don't know about 4-8, but I could definitely live with 5-7 and see it as improvement over the past few years. I don't jump out of a plane from New York to Los Angeles because after 1 hour we're just over Pittsburgh.

But let me ask, what could you "live with" next year? What would it take to get there? Just curious.

I am not happy with last season, but I am not going to dwell on it. Lets take a quick look at some of the problems wit the 2007 performance:

Defense: fired that coordinator. Looks to be bringning in someone who is a known commodity.

Special Teams: offered a scholarship to a kicker.

Team Speed: Recruiting arguably the best class ever at UNT.

So am I pleased with the 2007 results: NO. Do I feel that changes are being made now to fix those problems: yes.

And as far as awe inspiring, I would say the fact that TD assembled a pretty kick ass offense from Buick parts. Yes it got stopped some, but I am postive that another year under Vizza's belt will really help out. And another year for that O-line will really help.

My point is that things have never looked brighter forUNT athletics, and you continue to piss and moan about the FIU loss. Get over it. You got your expectations up, didn't take a realistic look at the limitations of the team headed into 2007; and you got bummed out. Get over yourself.