Unt Notebook From Drc

Buford_Julep

i actually think our offense is smoother and much more fluid when Collin starts and keith does not. but really its not about keith..... collin should be starting. why is TT in front of him? Collin is by far our biggest threat in the half court offense. his relentlessness to the basket leads to key threes by players like dez and josh. not to mention that him and ben play the best man defense. he really gets after it on both ends of the court

i actually think our offense is smoother and much more fluid when Collin starts and keith does not. but really its not about keith..... collin should be starting. why is TT in front of him? Collin is by far our biggest threat in the half court offense. his relentlessness to the basket leads to key threes by players like dez and josh. not to mention that him and ben play the best man defense. he really gets after it on both ends of the court

I think TT was starting earlier in the season due both to his size (6'5" as opposed to Dennis at 6'2") and to give the bench a scoring threat (both Dez Willingham and Adam McCoy struggled mightily at the beginning of the season.). With Dez and Adam, especially Dez, finding their strokes...and with how well the Bell, White and Dennis backcourt played against ULM...I'd be extremely surprised if TT starts tonight. I think TT will really have to impress in practice to crack the guard rotation of a regular basis.

I think TT was starting earlier in the season due both to his size (6'5" as opposed to Dennis at 6'2") and to give the bench a scoring threat (both Dez Willingham and Adam McCoy struggled mightily at the beginning of the season.). With Dez and Adam, especially Dez, finding their strokes...and with how well the Bell, White and Dennis backcourt played against ULM...I'd be extremely surprised if TT starts tonight. I think TT will really have to impress in practice to crack the guard rotation of a regular basis.

I think Dennis also mentioned his ankles and his ability to play defense as reasons for his off-the-bench role earlier. Seems to be well know.

I definitely want a healthy Dennis to start and get as many minutes as possible, but I'm not sure I want them to generally come at the expense of Wooden. I guess if Dennis were to start getting a consistent 30+ minutes a game, the players that he takes minutes from would likely depend on the makeup of our opposition.

Collin Dennis plays Wing. Keith Woodem is a Post. They are not competing with each other for playing time.

Guards...White, Bell, Dennis, Willingham, Thompson, McCoy and Horne= 120 minutes per game.

Posts.....Wooden, Williams, Stewart, Hogans, Howerton and Montague= 80 minutes per game.

The only exception was the game with Hartford. Wooden was out with an injury and Stewart and Hogans had fouled out. Coach Jones chose to go with four guards near the end of that game. On defense, Thompson and Bell filled in with Williams on the back line of a 2-3 zone for two minutes near the end of the game.

LOL! The pride of Pilot Point. To those that don't recall, we had an undersized Schindler at DB, and an oversized (LOL) Schindler at Post back in the early to mid-80's.

Was the undersized Schindler as uncoordinated as the oversized one. Doug (the oversized Schindler) was one of the nicest guys you could ever meet, but he makes Justin Howerton look like a lottery pick. Never knew there was another Schindler.

Was the undersized Schindler as uncoordinated as the oversized one. Doug (the oversized Schindler) was one of the nicest guys you could ever meet, but he makes Justin Howerton look like a lottery pick. Never knew there was another Schindler.

Johnny Schindler was the undersized DB. You have to be pretty coordinated (and quick) to be a starting 1AA DB at his size. He wasn't bad.