Bowl Thoughts

LongJim

Couple of observations:

• OU got outhit, outhustled, and outcoached. Stoops actually seemed to lose his nerve in that game. What the heck was he thinking on that onside kick??
  • Tech finds a way to win bowl games. Does anyone else think that Mike Leach looks like Alf, or is it me? I kept looking to make sure he wasn't going to eat a cat on the sidelines.
Mike%20Leach.jpg

alf.jpg

• I was wrong about Kansas.
  • I was right about Hawaii.
  • The Armed Forces Bowl was a pretty big success.
  • I might have tried to kill Chris Jessie with my bare hands had I been on the Holiday Bowl sidelines. I think it possible that he might have received the 'soap in a sock beatdown' on the plane ride home had he not been Mack's stepson.

What a dumbass. Repeat after me Chris: "This is my rifle... this is my gun..."

jacket.jpg

Couple of observations:
  • OU got outhit, outhustled, and outcoached. Stoops actually seemed to lose his nerve in that game. What the heck was he thinking on that onside kick??
  • Tech finds a way to win bowl games. Does anyone else think that Mike Leach looks like Alf, or is it me? I kept looking to make sure he wasn't going to eat a cat on the sidelines.
Mike%20Leach.jpg

alf.jpg

Leach is his own worst enemy in PR and I believe is what is keeping him from getting any serious consideration with a bigger program. Would you hire a guy that always looks like he wants to kill someone or something?

Pretty interesting Bowl series, huh? So, would you want a playoff when you see how many colleges can end their seasons as winners? Just a thought....

You know, I love the bowls.

I don't have any issues with there being a playoff of some sort, but I love bowl season. It's great, and weird things happen in the games, and scheduling, and whatever. I love the polls, too. Call me whatever. I would hate to see them go away, and in many ways, the bowls/rankings generally work themselves out in the end. I would hate to see the regular season devalued in any way. As it is now, each week of the season is truly a playoff game because of the polls.

Leach always looks like he ate a bad burrito or something. Tech wins because Leach is a great offensive coach, in more ways than one. He would be great at any program if they didn't mind his personality and the boosters left him alone. But, why go anywhere else, with the changes to the defense Tech will be in the hunt for a national title in a few short years. I think the interviews, (or rumors of) are just to keep the soup stirred.

You know, I love the bowls.

I don't have any issues with there being a playoff of some sort, but I love bowl season. It's great, and weird things happen in the games, and scheduling, and whatever. I love the polls, too. Call me whatever. I would hate to see them go away, and in many ways, the bowls/rankings generally work themselves out in the end. I would hate to see the regular season devalued in any way. As it is now, each week of the season is truly a playoff game because of the polls.

Agreed.