Just Watch Troy Game

GMoney

This is a bad bad bad road team. A 7 point lead in overtime and lose. Lackluster defense and could not handle the press. With the 7 point lead, Troy goes into a full court trap and runs off 9 unanswered in less than minute and a half to take the lead. A horrible loss.

I don't get it... The trap gives us so many problems and yet we seem so unprepared every time we see it. We can't even inbound the ball! It is not like this Troy team is a trapping, defensive juggernaut.

I've got two words for YA.

Johnny Jones

Jesus Greenbat, you must be the most negative person alive. :lol:

Was it just me, or did we have more troubles with the trap once Ben wasn't in there? I honestly can't remember - but I believe Ben was sitting during much of the last few minutes(I think Hank and Steven commented on that). Bell seems about the only guy we have that can handle the press well at all.

We need to do a better job of crashing the boards, especially down the stretch.. Like most I didn't see the game, but I did listen to it.. The amount of offensive rebounds Troy was getting was ridiculous.. When you give a team that many 2nd chances, you will get beat.. and thats exactly what happened.. Our big guys need a stern talking to!!!

Jesus Greenbat, you must be the most negative person alive. :lol:

Was it just me, or did we have more troubles with the trap once Ben wasn't in there? I honestly can't remember - but I believe Ben was sitting during much of the last few minutes(I think Hank and Steven commented on that). Bell seems about the only guy we have that can handle the press well at all.

I didn't get to watch or listen to the game, but I have a question. Why was Bell on the bench if he is the only guy we have that can handle the press well? If he hadn't fouled out, again, I didn't watch or listen to the game, then this is a questionable coaching decision.

I'll tell you something else that sucked big time. In regulation....we come out of timeout with the ball. There are 9 seconds on the shot clock. The way Hank and Steven described it....our players were clueless to that fact.

How can you have a TO....and not mention to the kids that the shot clock only has 9 seconds left?

Pathetic.

We should be 12-1 right now. No excuse for losses to Denver, Troy and UTA.

I'll tell you something else that sucked big time. In regulation....we come out of timeout with the ball. There are 9 seconds on the shot clock. The way Hank and Steven described it....our players were clueless to that fact.

How can you have a TO....and not mention to the kids that the shot clock only has 9 seconds left?

Pathetic.

We should be 12-1 right now. No excuse for losses to Denver, Troy and UTA.

Yep.

From the standpoint that league losses always hurt, the last 2 have been bad losses. But it's really too soon to know how good anyone is gonna be. Last year Arkansas State, Monroe and us were fighting it out for the West. This year Denver and Lafayette are so far.

A near total reversal.

Edited by CMJ

I've got two words for YA.

Johnny Jones

Couldn't agree with you more, but you won't be a favorite around here.....I have said for years his teams are inconsistant, but this year just decided to keep my mouth shut. Eventually the same thing will probably happen with him that did with DD, but until then, I will just sit back and watch.

Two things stuck out in this loss: zone defense and the press.

Denver zoned us and we lost. Troy zoned us and we lost. Pattern??? I have been unimpressed with our ability to handle the press, Bell has been the only bright point on this.

We have had problems with the zone this season, but it wasn't our offense that was the problem this game it was the rebounding.. look at the stats.. we shot 48% from the field, and held them to only 37%.. but we allowed them to get 26 offensive rebounds.. When you allow a team that many second chances, you will get beat