Unt - A&m International

filmerj

A freakin' funny story about that last 3 point attempt by McCoy with a few seconds left on the clock......it wasn't bad sportsmanship.....what happened is this..... McCoy was playing defense on a A&M player man near the opposing team's basket..... it just so happened that when this A&M player got the ball I screamed, "McCoy, jacked up another 3 point shot.... I want a free burger!!" McCoy started cracking up while he was guarding that guy....it actually distracted him.... and sure as hell, McCoy shot a 3 with a few seconds left on the clock.... he missed the shot, but made the student body happy for his effort.

2 observations from the game.

1) For a Friday afternoon during Christmas break I was impressed with our crowd. Anyone know the actual attendance?

2)Never noticed before today....or never thought about it, but when you're in the Super Pit watching the game, and you look up at the "tunnel" exits that the fans use, it says NO SMOKING in big white letters (on drab grey cement) above each and every one of them. I've just decided that this bothers me. They are big letters, and since when has smoking inside a sporting arena been an issue? Probably not since they built the freakin place. Wuuld it not be possible to paint those cement areas green and then write NORTH TEXAS on those?

A freakin' funny story about that last 3 point attempt by McCoy with a few seconds left on the clock......it wasn't bad sportsmanship.....what happened is this..... McCoy was playing defense on a A&M player man near the opposing team's basket..... it just so happened that when this A&M player got the ball I screamed, "McCoy, jacked up another 3 point shot.... I want a free burger!!" McCoy started cracking up while he was guarding that guy....it actually distracted him.... and sure as hell, McCoy shot a 3 with a few seconds left on the clock.... he missed the shot, but made the student body happy for his effort.

Were you by any chance there with a blonde little girl in a mean green wig?

Were you by any chance there with a blonde little girl in a mean green wig?

Yep.... we got really silly.... I don't usually hurl many insults out to the opposing team... but since the Pit Crew wasn't there, we felt obligated.... I laughed so hard during the game from fan comments to the TAMIU coaches and players that I still have a headache.... Did we talk by chance?

Yep.... we got really silly.... I don't usually hurl many insults out to the opposing team... but since the Pit Crew wasn't there, we felt obligated.... I laughed so hard during the game from fan comments to the TAMIU coaches and players that I still have a headache.... Did we talk by chance?

I felt the same way about taunting the opposing team. I was sitting one section to your right, a few rows up. MeanMag and I were there. If you took notice of the guy with the white man afro that was taunting Sexton (the fat white guy) and Tracy something (#23, he actually started mouthing off back at me), that was me.

Note: Neither of us was the guy who kept making dumb comments towards the coach or about how anyone sucked. We were behind him.

I'm the one who called Sexton Michelin Man, Pillsbury, Marshmallow Man, doughboy, etc. and pestered Tracy about wearing a towel/airballing a free throw when there are WNBA scouts in the crowd.

Good times filling in for the pit crew. That tromboner in the band is a quality heckler, too.

That tromboner in the band is a quality heckler, too.

Observation #3 from my previous 2 Observations from the game:

3) We've got an AWESOME basketball band! They, get into cheers, they get into taunting the opposing team, they get into dancing goofily* (* may be a new word meaning 'being in a goofy frame of mind') and just in general seem to have a good time even when the rest of the Pit is full of people sitting on their hands with their mouths shut.

Thank you band! Keep up the good work.

2)Never noticed before today....or never thought about it, but when you're in the Super Pit watching the game, and you look up at the "tunnel" exits that the fans use, it says NO SMOKING in big white letters (on drab grey cement) above each and every one of them. I've just decided that this bothers me.

Did it bother you before you noticed?

Observation #3 from my previous 2 Observations from the game:

3) We've got an AWESOME basketball band! They, get into cheers, they get into taunting the opposing team, they get into dancing goofily* (* may be a new word meaning 'being in a goofy frame of mind') and just in general seem to have a good time even when the rest of the Pit is full of people sitting on their hands with their mouths shut.

Thank you band! Keep up the good work.

The band has always been a very under-appreciated and disconnected member of the Pit Crew...I've been at games with about 5 people in the student section and the band always seems to pick up the heckling slack. I'm sure the members have changed, but it was always the same core of guys there...anchored by the fake ?uestlove keepin time on the drum kit.