B-ball Woes....

agw0038

whether a team plays a zone, man, 2-2-1 we are going to struggle until we learn how to get off to a quick start. IMO this is th real reason for the woes of north texas. it takes 5-7 minutes for our basketball team to get their heads in the game and actually start playing. Their intensity level at the start of games is so low you would think there still warming up. NT is by far a 2nd half team and luckily we have been playing teams that were heads and shoulders better than or our record might not be as good as it is.

I've noticed that NT has some what of a swagger to it now. and by no means is there anything really wrong with that if your gonna peform on a level worthy of having a swagger. It feels like we havnt given our best effort yet(with the exception of OSU). I believe that are team has reached a level of talent now where they can focus on different things. Its the little stuff thats killing us. Not pushing the basketball, allowing teams to get back on defense and setup in zones, stupid turnovers. I dont believe our wings do enough damage against opposing teams. As good as keith and quincy are, this is still a guard oriented team that is at its best when it can get up and down the floor use its athleticism.

Keith Wooden will not official be "in shape" until the last game of the season. So i think yes its good to go to him early but unless he is just on fire we need to run plays for collin or just let jw isolate. This hi-low stuff with woody and Q is not working. Q is at his best as a 3rd option. He relishes that cleaning up role.

again it is early in the season but by now we should know what works and what doesnt.