No Josh White Tonight

emmitt01

Freshman guard Josh White is not dressed out for UNT's game against Southern tonight and will not play.

White was injured in the Mean Green's practice last night. He sat on the bench during early warmups.

White is UNT's leading scorer with an average of 18.6 points a game.

Junior guard Collin Dennis and senior center Keith Wooden both warmed up will play despite lingering injuries. Wooden is getting over knee surgery earlier this month, while Dennis has a sprained ankle. Dennis and Wooden are UNT's second- and third-leading scorers at 13.0 and 12.7 points a game.

No word on how bad the injury is.

I got Josh's attention from the stands before the game started... I asked him how bad the injury was, and he said, "I'm in alot of pain." I asked him how long will he be out, and he said 2 or 3 games. I sure hope it is only 2 or 3. These damn hamstring injuries seem to linger around.

Edited by chrisfisher

Or...it could go the way of KD's injury last year. I think we improved as a team because other guys found roles.

Exactly right. Calvin was a good player his junior year, but he stepped up big time in K.D.'s absence and is now viewed in near legendary UNT status (no doubt he'll eventually be a HOF inductee). Right now we have two talented players, new to the system, who are struggling (McCoy and Willingham) and a third who's been very up and down (Dennis)...if they can get going with Josh out, and maintain it when he comes back...look out