New Stadium Activity

GreenAlums

I know this is public knowledge but I have not seen it reported on the board yet so I thought I would add it, (and I do try to read before I post). UNT has issued the RFQ for Architects and Engineers for the new stadium. The award may happen some time after the first of the year and the work could actually start within 2008.

OK, if this is old news, go ahead and pounce on me :P . Or, send in your bids if you are on the RFQ list!! :ph34r:

Edited by GreenExes

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is public knowledge but I have not seen it reported on the board yet so I thought I would add it, (and I do try to read before I post). UNT has issued the RFQ for Architects and Engineers for the new stadium. The award may happen some time after the first of the year and the work could actually start within 2008.

OK, if this is old new, go ahead and pounce on me :P . Or, send in your bids if you are on the RFQ list!! :ph34r:

Forgive my ignorance of architecture and this process, but if they are asking for quotes from architects and engineers, does that mean they are asking for quotes for preparing a stadium design and blueprints, or quotes for constructing a new stadium from completed blueprints?

I must admit that I am not knowledgeable of this process, but does this necessarily mean that this thing is moving forward?

I will be optimistic, but until the ground is turned I will not believe we are getting a new stadium anytime soon...

The University of North Texas System (UNTS) requests firm’s qualifications for Architectural/Engineering Design Services for the design of a new football stadium in Denton, Texas. The new stadium is proposed to be

approximately30,000 – 35,000 seats with expansion capabilities up to 50,000 seats. Amenities will include press box, club lounge, luxury suites, food services, retail facilities, ticket sales office, and locker rooms. Consideration of mixed-use components such as academic spaces and meeting rooms may also be included. This request for qualifications covers the programming, civil engineering evaluation (including drainage, watershed, utilities, and jurisdictional waters requirements), site infrastructure design, stadium design, bidding assistance, and construction administration phases for this project. Programming and civil engineering will be the first phase authorized.

Scope of Services

A. Project Design – The selected architectural firm/ team will be responsible for reviewing site conditions

and developing the most suitable design in conjunction with a user’s committee. Such deliverables

should include (but not limited to) all the required Programming, Schematic, Design Development,

Construction documents and specifications needed for the project to be delivered via a construction

manager at-risk. In addition, the architect’s design services should include developing construction cost

estimates at the end of Programming, Schematic, and Design Development for owner’s review. It is

imperative that the architect should monitor the design along the various stages of the project so it stays

within the established owner’s budget.

B. Bidding – The selected architectural firm is to attend all pre-proposal meetings and provide any

additional documentation required during solicitation of a construction manager at-risk.

C. Construction Administration – The selected firm will attend weekly construction meetings, provide any

construction and post construction documentation including punch lists.

Look at the date required for the RFQ to be returned.....12-12-07 2pm. Looks real and it looks real soon! Also seems there is a short list for UNT already. This would not be the first any firm heard of it if the turnaround was several weeks on an RFQ.

OK, OK,...I'll try to contain my excitement!! :clapping:

Schedule: Show a realistic outline schedule for the project. Develop a schedule for each

phase of the work to include:

i. Project Programming / Conceptual Design/ Civil Engineering

ii. Schematic Design

iii. Design Development

iv. Construction Drawings

v. Construction Administration

Provide a schedule analysis for the feasibility of construction being substantial complete by

October 2010.

I am posting this as I am reading it, I may come back and temper some of this stuff after I talk to people, but it looks promising.

Some important dates:

* Qualifications from vendors due by: 2:00 P.M. Wednesday, December 12, 2007.

* Formal Interviews of vendors: Week of January 7, 2008

* Selected Firm Notified: Wednesday January 23, 2008

From Meeting Minutes:

Budget – preliminary costs are complete, but UNT wants you to define the budget as you see it

• Old stadium is not included in this project at this time

• Community Involvement will be high on priority list for UNT

• Project Access: UNT will be sensitive to our neighbors with the ultimate goal of getting in and out of stadium quickly, involvement of Corps of Engineers, layout of parking should be addressed

2nd and 3rd FRC were full of minutia.

Cerebus, I amazed at where you are getting this stuff! Thanks and keep it up.

What does, "Community Involvement will be high on priority list for UNT" mean? Sounds cool but does that mean the UNT shareholders (fans, alumns, friends, Dentonites etc.) will be able to have input in parts of the project??

Cerebus, I amazed at where you are getting this stuff! Thanks and keep it up.

What does, "Community Involvement will be high on priority list for UNT" mean? Sounds cool but does that mean the UNT shareholders (fans, alumns, friends, Dentonites etc.) will be able to have input in parts of the project??

No I think it means don't piss off the residents of the Denia "ain't just a river" subdivision.