Nt Vs Ut

Mad Hatter

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick observations...i'm sure I'll add more tomorrow morning but I need to go eat:

Josh is amazing...matched D.J. bucket for bucket and hes probably the best PG in the country.

Keith put up 17 in the second half...we desperatly needed him in the first half...I thought he'd be able to score on Atchley so those two fouls early were a big reason for the size of the defecit

Turnovers...just awful...cbssportsline has it at 19 but I think it had to be closer to 25.

If cbs has it right...Collin played 12 minutes...unexceptable.

Biggest concern are these slow starts...back to back games that we've gone to the half down double figures. If Ben starting limits Collin to 12 minutes...Cooley I'll enjoy my crow and say Collin needs to be starting.

I'm proud of this team. No glory in losing, but we showed that we belonged on the court with a Top 5 nationally ranked team in the 2nd half. And we cut in down to 9 after a 24 point deficit.... we are in for GOOD season in the SBC and the NCAA tourny (yes, I said it)........

Quick observations...i'm sure I'll add more tomorrow morning but I need to go eat:

Josh is amazing...matched D.J. bucket for bucket and hes probably the best PG in the country.

Keith put up 17 in the second half...we desperatly needed him in the first half...I thought he'd be able to score on Atchley so those two fouls early were a big reason for the size of the defecit

Turnovers...just awful...cbssportsline has it at 19 but I think it had to be closer to 25.

If cbs has it right...Collin played 12 minutes...unexceptable.

Biggest concern are these slow starts...back to back games that we've gone to the half down double figures. If Ben starting limits Collin to 12 minutes...Cooley I'll enjoy my crow and say Collin needs to be starting.

The only problem is that White didn't handle the full court pressure very well.... Bell took over the point during the full court press and had no problem... Josh will learn from this game... Josh kept stopping every time he got pressure, and Bell just plowed through the half court line... UT stopped the full court press once Bell took over... I haven't been big Bell fan this season only b/c of his questionable shooting so far, but he save our arse on the full court press tonight...

Edited by chrisfisher

They beat UCLA in Pauley Pavillion dude. Seriously...I hate the Horns too, but seriously. You don't just walk into the House Wooden built and waltz out with a victory unless you're better than "good".

I agree with that...esp. when UCLA was #1 in the country when Texas took them out.

Augustin is flat out the best point guard in the country. When we got the game back to 9 points, he took over. I'm just disappointed we took ourselves out of the game so early on. A few bad calls and a little Texas full court shook us early and we melted down. Still, like I said before, there is much to learn from this game. We will get better...

They beat UCLA in Pauley Pavillion dude. Seriously...I hate the Horns too, but seriously. You don't just walk into the House Wooden built and waltz out with a victory unless you're better than "good".

Do you think Xavier is better than "good"? They beat Indiana (#15). Xavier who has a loss to Miami(OH). Look, I'm not saying UT doesn't look impressive but let's hold off on calling them great.

They are who I thought they were! You wanna crown 'em! Crown 'em!

P.S. UT beat #7 Tennessee by 19 and scored 97 against them. We lost by less and gave up less points. :D

Also, while I might have been slightly facetious about taking Josh White over Augustin I would take Rose from Memphis over Augustin.

Edited by emmitt01

Can you ever move up in the rankings even with a loss? I don' tknow that we would, but I don't even know if you can.

Our RPI improved tonight. It's somewhat inexact right now(and is even at the end of season truth be told), but we're #13(up two spots from earlier in the day) in the country right now according to it.

Our RPI improved tonight. It's somewhat inexact right now(and is even at the end of season truth be told), but we're #13(up two spots from earlier in the day) in the country right now according to it.

I noticed that too...what is the difference between rpi and power rankings? excuse my ignorance, please.

I noticed that too...what is the difference between rpi and power rankings? excuse my ignorance, please.

The basic RPI formula is 25% your winning percentage + 50% opponents' average winning percentage + 25% opponents' opponents' winning percentage.

I'm not sure the algorithm they use to come up with power rankings.

UT has a great starting 5...I just have a hard time believing that their lack of depth won't kill them in late Jan and Feb.

I saw on their fan board Someone was asking why we cut it to 9, were they (ut) tired or did they (UT) just get complacent? Then someone else said that that they only rotated 8 guys against unt... CBL I might have to agree with you.