Mean Green Vs New Mexico State

chrisfisher

I was at my wife's company party... missed the entire game.... my brother gave me the score until the end of the first half.... it sounded hopelesss... what a big win... I was trying to find some stats to see how we won, but meangreensports didn't have them up... I found tonights stats at NMS's website, which can be found here.

Reviewing the stats... free throws saved our ass (we shot 88% in the 2nd half, and 78% overall for 23 points at the charity stripe) .... what a refreshing change this season... Collin Dennis had a FANTASTIC night too.... I am so glad that he is back in the picture.... we've really needed Dennis since he injured his ankle..... McCoy got 0 minutes tonight (rightfully so given his poor shooting)... disappointing... I had high hopes for McCoy...I hope he finds his shot soon (the UT game would be ideal!).

Edited by chrisfisher

where was NMSU ranked in comparison to us before the game? I'm just wondering if this is someone we SHOULD have beat, or if it's more of an upset.

Great win!

Sagarin had them ranked at #133. Their record was not that great; but they had the 16th most difficult schedule in the nation and still managed to pull out a couple of wins. We were #147 at the time of the game (the UTA loss really dropped us in the Sagarin, but the RPI guys have been more kind with us in the ratings). If that was a home game for New Mexico State, then Sagarin predicted a NMS win. If not, it was considered a toss up.

where was NMSU ranked in comparison to us before the game? I'm just wondering if this is someone we SHOULD have beat, or if it's more of an upset.

Great win!

Culver-Glantz line favored New Mexico St by 5 and 1/2.

NMSU has two returning starters and two bench players from last season's 25-9 WAC champions.

Last season there were many posts on this board touting New Mexico State as a model program that UNT should aspire to, and would have had if only we had hired a different coach.

Edited by Buford_Julep

Those Colin Dennis stats were unbelievable and just showed why not having him against UTA was so important. On a night were no one else could buy a bucket, it would have been nice to have Colin as an option.

Great win by the men and hopefully they will handle the success, get better, and be ready to play from tip next game.

Culver-Glantz line favored New Mexico St by 5 and 1/2.

NMSU has two returning starters and two bench players from last season's 25-9 WAC champions.

Last season there were many posts on this board touting New Mexico State as a model program that UNT should aspire to, and would have had if only we had hired a different coach.

Good points Buford... I didn't realize that they were last year's MAC champs... that makes this come-from-behind win even more impressive.....