Bootle To The Southland Conference

Cooley

November 15, 2007

Blue Zertuche

TexasHoops.com Recruiting Analyst

6'7" 245-pound post, Antuan Bootle of St. Thomas high school in Houston, made a decision to sign on Wednesday with a program that is consistantly at the top of their conference. After months of keeping his recruitment quiet, Bootle, excited about his decision, speaks about the program he selected.

"I committed to Sam Houston State Tuesday afternoon," said Bootle. "It was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. And I am glad I got it out of the way before I played on Tuesday night." Bootle was very secretive on his recruitment, and says that he never wanted the attention. "I didn't want my recruitment to get out. I didn't want the focus to be on me at any point." Bootle says that he had 26 offers from schools all over the country, and the list of schools came down to three teams.

"At the beginning of the recruiting process I did a lot of research about the schools recruiting me. I got help from my high school coach (Neil) Laminack and some family and friends. After all the research, it came down to me choosing between Florida Atlantic, North Texas and Sam Houston. I took all three visits. I then had to pick either North Texas or Sam." Bootle continues and adds why he chose Sam Houston State.

"Distance didn't play a factor in my decision, but when it came down to two Texas programs, I went with the one that was closer to Houston. It just made more sense for me and my family so they can see me play. Coach (Bob) Marlin (Sam Houston's head coach) is the type of coach I want to play for. He has a very strong program that wins and he is a great person and coach. He will push me and the other players on and off the court. He is a winner and I want a chance to win every time I step out on to the court." In Bootle's game against Westside on Tuesday, he contributed 19 points and 23 plus rebounds.

Texas Hoops Analysis: ANTUANis a very strong paint player with a wide back side to hold off the defense. He has a nose for the ball, goes and gets loose rebounds, knows how to use his body to create space in the paint and can clog up the lane defensively. He has nice moves on the low post, has a soft touch from 10 feet, works hard to get position and has a knack for scoring in traffic. He lacks great elevation due to his body style but really knows how to use his size to his advantage.

November 15, 2007

Blue Zertuche

TexasHoops.com Recruiting Analyst

6'7" 245-pound post, Antuan Bootle of St. Thomas high school in Houston, made a decision to sign on Wednesday with a program that is consistantly at the top of their conference. After months of keeping his recruitment quiet, Bootle, excited about his decision, speaks about the program he selected.

"I committed to Sam Houston State Tuesday afternoon," said Bootle. "It was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. And I am glad I got it out of the way before I played on Tuesday night." Bootle was very secretive on his recruitment, and says that he never wanted the attention. "I didn't want my recruitment to get out. I didn't want the focus to be on me at any point." Bootle says that he had 26 offers from schools all over the country, and the list of schools came down to three teams.

"At the beginning of the recruiting process I did a lot of research about the schools recruiting me. I got help from my high school coach (Neil) Laminack and some family and friends. After all the research, it came down to me choosing between Florida Atlantic, North Texas and Sam Houston. I took all three visits. I then had to pick either North Texas or Sam." Bootle continues and adds why he chose Sam Houston State.

"Distance didn't play a factor in my decision, but when it came down to two Texas programs, I went with the one that was closer to Houston. It just made more sense for me and my family so they can see me play. Coach (Bob) Marlin (Sam Houston's head coach) is the type of coach I want to play for. He has a very strong program that wins and he is a great person and coach. He will push me and the other players on and off the court. He is a winner and I want a chance to win every time I step out on to the court." In Bootle's game against Westside on Tuesday, he contributed 19 points and 23 plus rebounds.

Texas Hoops Analysis: ANTUANis a very strong paint player with a wide back side to hold off the defense. He has a nose for the ball, goes and gets loose rebounds, knows how to use his body to create space in the paint and can clog up the lane defensively. He has nice moves on the low post, has a soft touch from 10 feet, works hard to get position and has a knack for scoring in traffic. He lacks great elevation due to his body style but really knows how to use his size to his advantage.

Closer to Houston did it for him? :rolleyes: (Sorry, H-Towners, you know how much I do love my past former home area)!

Did this kid get to visit the Super Pit and take a look at our internationally famous UNT co-ed beauties? Can he still change his mind? :lol:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

"Distance didn't play a factor in my decision, but when it came down to two Texas programs, I went with the one that was closer to Houston. It just made more sense for me and my family so they can see me play.

So tell me how distance wasn't a factor then????? Wonder if our offer was still out to this kid after picking up Knox

Guest GrayEagleOne

Would love to have him also - maybe a visit up here could change his mind.

He's already visited here. Don't know how many coeds he saw but he turned us down.

There should be four scholarships to give. Knox has one and I have a feeling that Horne will get one also. If we offered Bootie then I feel certain that the offer was still on the table. It's recruiting, guys. We don't always get everyone we want.