No Midnight Madness?

MeanGreengdub

Maybe this has already been discussed but I haven't seen it. Why don't we have Midnight Madness?? Hope someone can explain this to me.

Mainly because we are unfriendly UNT. Even UCA was promoting their Midnight Madness at the Football Game tonight during warm-ups. We need to get some marketing people who actually know how to attract and keep fans.

Mainly because we are unfriendly UNT. Even UCA was promoting their Midnight Madness at the Football Game tonight during warm-ups. We need to get some marketing people who actually know how to attract and keep fans.

For some reason I thought that the NCAA wasn't allowing Midnight Madness anymore....I guess not.

The UNT Athletic Dept. has not yet moved past their "small school" mentality. I think they are trying, but there are too many "it's the way we have always done things" still around the dept. If you want to be big time, and get $$$$ for things like new stadiums and fill seats with season ticket holders, you have to start acting "Big Time", not just talking big time. It's kind of like the comment "your lips are moving so fast that I can't hear what you are saying". The Athletic Dept. begs for more support then they do a bunch of things that boggle the mind and turn fans away. Who cares if only 10-20 people show up for "midnight madness" this year...it's a start. I think they tried it one year, and didn't get a good turnout, so it's...gee, "we tried that and our fans didn't show up"...well, duh!!!!! Keep it going and keep trying...find something that does work...like maybe a co-ed scrimmage between the men's and women's teams with players split between the two teams for a 10 min. game or so, so face painting for the wee ones, autograph sessions, talks by the coaches, player uniform "shows", ticket sales opportunities, some music, some fun.....etc., etc.

Thinking small just doesn't get you anywhere....hey, why isn't the Mean Green Club all over this???? Oh, I forgot, it's not really a "club", it's just a ticket sales organization...pay me a "bonus" (ie; join the mean green club) and I'll "let" you buy decent seats for our games. WOW! Great concept...original too! I have no problem with the "pay up for a premium seat", but why call it a "Club"...the "Club doesn't do anything"....have you see the director around anywhere except the athletic dept. facilities lately? What events are going on?

O.K., maybe you get my drift here...UNT does need to be a bit more "fan friendly"...Here we are coming off an NCAA tournament year, and still they can't seem to find a way to capitalize on it. I know the Athletic Dept. is working to improve UNT sports, but how, in "sam hill" can you MISS such a big opportunity to really play the start of BB practice up BIG????? Go figure!

I guess we fill up the Super Pit at every game and we don't need to find ways to get the fans excited and to get more "rears in the seats"...we sell out every game, right????? Oh, really, we don't ... gee I guess I missed something... They way they are acting you would think it's standing room only at the Super Pit for for every home game! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Can't keep missing these opportunities...gotta realize it's "entertainment" and that you are competing for family "entertainment dollars"...with everything the way it is today, those entertainment dollars are getting fewer and fewer for many folks...UNT BB (and other sports) need to make sure they are "top of mind" in the race to capture those precious entertainment dollars...hey, UNT has a great business school...let's get Athletic Dept. folks to go talk to some of the marketing and Ad guys on campus!

The Super Pit sold out would be a sight to see. I hope in the near future I can experience this.

My basketball happy pants would be going nuts if this ever happened...witht hat low, flat ceiling noise reverbs like crazy in that place and a packed Pit would be deafening...the fullest I've ever seen it was the Indiana game in 2002 and the Houston game two years ago...both about 2/3rds full and those were great games and a great atmosphere

My basketball happy pants would be going nuts if this ever happened...witht hat low, flat ceiling noise reverbs like crazy in that place and a packed Pit would be deafening...the fullest I've ever seen it was the Indiana game in 2002 and the Houston game two years ago...both about 2/3rds full and those were great games and a great atmosphere

it would have been twice as nice if you were there gayin' it up with those damn sock puppets.... Effin Pit Crew!

TCU game a couple of years back was a really good crowd too. NMSU conference games were also pretty fun/well attended. That center from NMSU that couldn't get into NT got heckled mercilessly by the crowd.

And who could forget ULL and Brad Boyd (CBL, I'm looking in your direction).

TCU game a couple of years back was a really good crowd too. NMSU conference games were also pretty fun/well attended. That center from NMSU that couldn't get into NT got heckled mercilessly by the crowd.

And who could forget ULL and Brad Boyd (CBL, I'm looking in your direction).

I had forgotten about lil Bradley Boyd!! Kid could shoot though

What year was it that we hosted what was then Memphis State? I think they were ranked either #1 or #2 that year, and that place was near packed and it was LOUD. The Pit would be awesome if we sold it out.

Don't forget the Houston game a couple of years back. That one had to be over 3/4 full and easily the most exciting and loudest UNT game I have attended.