A-state V. Smu

UNT_playmaker

The only OOC win I wanted was SMU.....for the following reasons

1. They snubbed our atheltic program admission into two great conferences, SWC and CUSA

2. I knew that they were going to have a terrible season, but I didnt want their only win to be against us, and surely not have A-state spank them on the following week after our gut wrenching loss.

While watching A-state put a 21-0 lead against the Stangs, I couldnt help but remember how we had a freaking 14 point lead only to see it get lost to by a piss poor defensive performance on the field.

To anyone who says that Justin Willis is a good qb, and that he was the reason they won, I say Ballsack.....Freakin Woody Wilson was a much better qb and had a great performance under Offensive Masterminds we had that year as our coaches, we outplayed them in every side of the ball, especially defense. Defense is what cost us the SMU game. Utah state gave up 50 points, we gave up nearly 80.

What I see as a difference, between last year's SMU and this years---- NOTHING

What I see as a difference, between last years team and this years-----

1. A coach who plays to win, no matter how much time is on the clock.

2. A receiving core that is unlike any other we have seen here at NT

3. Our Special Teams performance is actually fun to watch and actually quite good.

4. A substantial drop from what our Defense was before, our defense was what kept us in game's before. We lost that.

5. We still make mistkaes at the QB position, turnvovers, penalties drawn, and too much time with the ball.

SMU threw the ball very effectively against A-state. That gives us a lot of hope. Willis was tremendous on the ground. Meager is no Willis as far as ground game or willingness to run the ball with authority.

UNT might have a great day throwing the ball against A-state. Our defense will have to start showing immediate strides this week against FAU or it could be a long season.

1. They snubbed our atheltic program admission into two great conferences, SWC and CUSA

Could we just drop mentioning this and the one Texas game we almost won for at least a week?

2. I knew that they were going to have a terrible season, but I didnt want their only win to be against us, and surely not have A-state spank them on the following week after our gut wrenching loss.

While watching A-state put a 21-0 lead against the Stangs, I couldnt help but remember how we had a freaking 14 point lead only to see it get lost to by a piss poor defensive performance on the field.

To anyone who says that Justin Willis is a good qb, and that he was the reason they won, I say Ballsack.....Freakin Woody Wilson was a much better qb and had a great performance under Offensive Masterminds we had that year as our coaches, we outplayed them in every side of the ball, especially defense. Defense is what cost us the SMU game. Utah state gave up 50 points, we gave up nearly 80.

What I see as a difference, between last year's SMU and this years---- NOTHING

What I see as a difference, between last years team and this years----

***************************************************************************************************************************

I agree our defense cost us plenty against SMU, however our penalties killed our offense and 3 OFFENSIVE DRIVES WERE KILLED BY INTERCEPTIONS, IMHO all 3 contributed to our loss not just our defense.

****************************************************************************************************************************

1. A coach who plays to win, no matter how much time is on the clock.

2. A receiving core that is unlike any other we have seen here at NT

3. Our Special Teams performance is actually fun to watch and actually quite good.

4. A substantial drop from what our Defense was before, our defense was what kept us in game's before. We lost that.

5. We still make mistkaes at the QB position, turnvovers, penalties drawn, and too much time with the ball.