The New Ol, Starters And Back Ups

Charlie NT 73

A new topic and something different besides a new stadium, closed/open

practices, and the crying media/press coverage.

I am just making a "guess" on the 2 deep OL players. Please add any corrections

as to position, who is the starter and back up's. Starters are first, then 2nd string,

and third string or the guy can play another position also.

R-OT, Robert Peachy, 6-5,279lbs, Brian Carlson, 6-5, 280lbs

Back up, Jacob Kaiser, 6-7, 293lbs

R-OG, Santiago Esteban, 6-5, 302lbs, Tyler Bailey, 6-2, 275lbs

Back up, Ajani Banks, 6-3, 328lbs

C----, Kelvin Drake, 6-2, 310lbs, Brian Glass, 6-0, 280lbs

Back up, J. J. Johnson, 6-2, 278lbs

L-OG, Chard Rose, 6-3, 285lbs, Tyler Bailey, 6-2, 275lbs

Back up, Ajani Banks

R-OT, Adam Venagas, 6-3, 293lbs, Mathew Menard, 6-5, 279lbs

Back up, Jacob Kaiser

Deep Snapper, Christian Davidson, LB, 6-3, 220lbs (sure looked bigger in the

spring game! Back up--??

I think Ajani Banks can be a starter later on, but for now he is a back up.

How does this line up look, 3 weeks away form zero-u?

We could obviously use a little more beef and experience in there, but we've got what we've got. Having said that, I'm still cautiously optimistic about this group. I just hope that they can come together early in the season and avoid injuries. Btw, last time I looked we are only TWO weeks and a day from ground zero U. My how time flys!

I was at practice yesterday (you can read Rick's blow by blow on the recruiting board as he actually typed everything I told him via phone as it happened...that dude's crazy but a good crazy :lol: ) and ran into Vito. Vito's sentiments were that our O-Line will have our QB running for his life all season and that we should start Meager against OU because their linemen are gonna tee off on whomever we put behind center.

He also picks us to go 4-8.

What Vito say's -- I really do not have much stock in some of his expertise

and reporting. Since he thinks he is a extremely good judge of football talent, and

a major college football coach/analyist, he thinks he knows the quality of our OL.

Even our own DRC sports writer has a crappy opinion on this team! Gee, thanks

alot Vito!

I prefer to believe in Coach Dodge, Coach Mendoza, Coach Ford, Coach Spencer "Lefty"

Leftwich, and the entire North Texas football staff, and the North Texas football players.

I am sure these guys have a better evaluation of the team than some second rate

sports writer!

some second rate sports writer!

Hey, I resemble that remark.

Take it easy on Brett Vito, he's just trying to do his job. Remember it's "some second rate sports writer" that keeps you as informed as you are.

Edited by GreenBat

So, are we to believe that NT will get hammered by zero-u, because

BV says so?

No, NT will get hammered by zero-u because they have more talent and should hammer NT. BV is just reporting the facts. OU has more 4 & 5 star recruits on this years roster than NT has ever signed.

Do You and I want NT to get hammered by OU, F no, but because we don't want it to happen doesn't mean it won't. And because Vito says that OU will pound NT does not make it so either. He is giving his opinion based on what has happened before and the talent he sees. With that said, can we pull the upset? Yes and I hipe we do. But win or lose, I will be at Ford Stadium to watch us play SMU.

No, NT will get hammered by zero-u because they have more talent and should hammer NT. BV is just reporting the facts. OU has more 4 & 5 star recruits on this years roster than NT has ever signed.

Do You and I want NT to get hammered by OU, F no, but because we don't want it to happen doesn't mean it won't. And because Vito says that OU will pound NT does not make it so either. He is giving his opinion based on what has happened before and the talent he sees. With that said, can we pull the upset? Yes and I hope we do. But win or lose, I will be at Ford Stadium to watch us play SMU.

Excellent analysis.

I am there with you! For some unknown reason, the Coach Dodge "Karma"

seems to keep visualizing a major upset in my mind!

And there's nothing wrong with a little bit of TD "Karma" at all going into the OU game. I'll never forget my very first NT Exes sponsored bus trip, met my eventual roommate and some lifelong friends on that trip. After about an hour people started to speculate on how bad they thought the score was going to be? My only prediction was, "I would at least like to see us score".

Hope to score, hell? There we were losing our minds and cheering for the Mean Green as they came out of the halftime locker room with a 21-7 lead at Darrel K. Royal-Memorial stadium....in 1988. See the second picture from the right down below in my sig line. That's Scott Davis waiting for the kick off of the second half from HSE's coverage of that game.

If you weren't there, you should have been! Like myself, you'd never forget it as long as you live.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Vito is giving us press. That's a lot more than any can say for the other two metroplex newspapers.

Vito writes for the DRC, which is owned by the DMN; thus most all his articles and newsbits appear in the DMN too. Listen to Harry's barbershop podcast linked in the section at the top, it's very interesting. The most recent includes BV and he gives a good analysis of the team by his observations.