I Need Some Advice From Fathers On The

calvin

Obviously I havent looked into yet so I dont know much about so I wanted to get some advice from some of the others on here. Is 3 years old too young to join ? And if it isnt then what are all the perks ? Also does it include basketball games as well ? Anything would certainly help, thanks !

Obviously I havent looked into yet so I dont know much about so I wanted to get some advice from some of the others on here. Is 3 years old too young to join ? And if it isnt then what are all the perks ? Also does it include basketball games as well ? Anything would certainly help, thanks !

Last year my son was 3 years old and he loved going down on the field at half time to line up to have the players go by and touch his hand. That alone is worth it. The shirts are always a little big for that age, but my son loves to wear them. The kids bounce house, face painting etc. before the games are fun for too. During basketball season they have a bounce house set up inside the super pit and usually some mini basketball hoops.

We had some friends with their son come to a game with us last year and they are UT alums and big Horns fans. They have already asked to come to a game this year because they had such a good time, although their 3 yr old son keeps talking about the "Mean Gween".

Ian and Emma have been members as long as it has been in place, and they started attending games when they were 6 and 9 months old respectively.

T-shirt that gets them on the field at halftime.

Access to the JMG club area, with bounce houses, free ice cream, give aways. At least one game a year, one of the other sport teams, i.e hoops, soccer, etc, come over for an autograph session.

Football and basketball buddy. One year, I was able to get the players email and we corresponded with him throughout the season (player was Scott Hall).

Basketball is part of the package.

Great value, and involves the children in MG sports in ways beyond just sitting in the stands. My kids are lifers now.

GMG

I have no kids at all but I know from a fan and passion standpoint that is the perfect time to get your child to be a total Mean Green nut. Its affordable, in the area and a really nice atmosphere to get them exposed to the university and etc. My Longhorn, Aggie, and Red Raider friends have bought their newborn children nothing but clothing and accessories from their alma mater. So I guess thats how the power of the fan base and alumni support begins....you start brainwashing them at that young age :rolleyes:

The Junior Mean Green Club is an outstanding investment for all the kids, even for the little guys.

First of all, it's inexpensive. Membership is around $20 for the whole year and the kids get Junior Mean Green Club shirts.

The best part about the club is that it's condusive to your child making friends with the other Mean Green kids. My four year old daughter loves to go to games, and it's mostly because of the anticipated opportunity to play with some of her Mean Green friends.

The Kids Zone at football games have several inflatable bounce houses; usually a slide, an obstacle course, and a bounce house for the bigger (4 to 8 year olds) and there is a separate bounce house for toddlers. There is usually face painting, spirit tatoos, and free ice cream. It's a good way for the kids to release a little energy before sitting in a stadium for three hours.

The Junior Mean Green Club also enables the kids to participate in activities that make them feel involved. There have been opportunities to meet with the players from football and basketball, my daughter was one of the hundred or so that danced with the Dance Team during halftime of one of the games, and the Spirit Line at halftime is always a huge hit with the kids: getting to high-five the players and then getting to run accross the end zone turf over to the west side ramp where they all cover their ears as Boomer blasts the start of the second half.

At basketball games there is always a bounce house available pregame and during halftime. The athletic department employee overseeing the bounce house groups the children by age so the younger ones don't get knocked around by the bigger kids. That employee also moniters the time that each group jumps and insures that all kids have a chance to play. There is also a basketball hoop, but that is always dominated by the older boys that realize that they are getting a little too old for the bounce house.

I think it's a very good deal and your child should love it.

GMG

Great fun for the young-uns at very little cost. My son has been in since it started. He had Blake Burruss last year for a player-buddy, and Blake is a great guy. Chris is 13 now, so he has been spending more time with us tailgaiting, and is done with the JMGC. He always had a great time, but is ready to be a full time tailgaiter. I just have to teach him not to repeat everything he hears? I can deal with the "WOODY...WOODY", he gets that from Emmitt. But hearing "UT is a very good football team, let's just get out with no injuries"?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GMG!!!