Bulletin Board Fodder

So I was digging through Rivals.com and decided to check out Sun Belt team sites and went to Mid. Tennessee's. MTSU has a preview of their first conference game with FIU...they break down FIU by position and then give commentary on their schedule. FIU plays UNT in their last game of the season, to which the MTSU website has this to say:

North Texas

This should be the pillow fight of the year. After a record-tying seven overtime game in 06' these two flowers look to square off in what should be the fluffiest pillow fight of the year for the 2007 college football season. (ESPN 2, where are yooooouuu?). These two teams are near images of each other. Both are breaking in new coaches and trying to improve on extremely poor previous seasons. Look for FIU to finally make a stand and set the tone for the off season with its first victory of the year!

Expected Results – W 31-28

I think 3 things need to be taken out of this: first, F*CK YOU Middle Tennessee...especially you mocking ESPN 2 when you've had fewer national appearances than both of these "flowers." Second, FIU doesn't use pillows, they use helmets and cleats...we all saw this last year against Miami. Lastly, and most importantly, as excited as everyone is about Todd Dodge, myself included, he is still a new coach implimenting a new system...and I think MTSU's analasys should give us a rather sobering perspective as how Dodge's hire is perceived...he's viewed as just a guy...a guy with very little college coaching experience.

I think 3 things need to be taken out of this: first, F*CK YOU Middle Tennessee...especially you mocking ESPN 2 when you've had fewer national appearances than both of these "flowers." Second, FIU doesn't use pillows, they use helmets and cleats...we all saw this last year against Miami. Lastly, and most importantly, as excited as everyone is about Todd Dodge, myself included, he is still a new coach implimenting a new system...and I think MTSU's analasys should give us a rather sobering perspective as how Dodge's hire is perceived...he's viewed as just a guy...a guy with very little college coaching experience.

Could just be me, but this guy has a "GreenGrenade-ish" shade to his writing. I think we can expect interesting things in the future. As for the MUTS, they gave us a good stomping at Fouts this year... yes, they did. Our next game will be a bit different. Let's see what the MUTS do with five receiver sets and J-Mo out of the backfield. The only way they best us now is helmet design and logo... (nope, I'm not crazy about a possible white helmet, green stripe and NORTH TEXAS on the side) I really do like the MTSU helmet and logo. I would like to have one to collect. Still, I couldnt sleep at night if I sent money to MTSU? Rather than buy a helmet, I guess I'll go for the one Eddie Gilmore knocks off of their quaterback's head. It should fly into section E at about the 11th row up, and that's where I sit. I catch it... I keep it.

Man this is going to be a long off-season. I'm talking smack about a game we dont play for months?...I must be bored.

GMG!!! <_<

Let me explain the Censored by Laurie name: This harkens back to 2003: Laurie Klein is the director of Intramural Sports, in 03 we had a very successful intramural basketball team named "Bukkake" (I refuse to explain that name...go to a very public computer...maybe with a church group around...and look it up). We won Mens A division and consequently had our pictures and team name put up in the rec center. The following year...we were informed by Ms. Klein that due to a complaint we would not be able to use the same name for our team...that it was inappropriate. Thus our team had been Censored by Laurie...and we had our name.

I think a lot of misinformed people may be underestimating "Dodgeball". I thought it would take our new coach (Stockstill) some time to build his program, but he got us to a bowl game in his first year. I can see Dodge having similar success. I know he may not have the recruits that he wants right now, but there's no doubt he will get the best out of them. Personally, I am excited to see what Dodge can do, but I am also a little concerned. With all the talent in Texas and all his ties to the Texas high schools, I look for Dodge to once again make the Mean Green a force in the SBC.

On the Blue Raider Zone we actually have a thread talking about what type of impact Dodge will have. Here's the link: Dodgeball

www.BlueRaiderZone.com

North Texas

After a record-tying seven overtime game in 06' these two flowers look to square off in what should be the fluffiest pillow fight of the year for the 2007 college football season.

Any semblance of an offense that could move the ball, and that game would have been limited to one overtime if at that. I think the Belt and others will be surprised at what the offense will be able to do this year.

Well, this Blue Raider fan thinks MT and the rest of the SBC should be very wary. We made a similar hire with our women's hoops coach, and look what he's done.

I know comparing football to women's hoops is apples to bananas, but I think Dodge was a helluva gutsy hire, and a good one at that.

Hoping to make my first ever trip to Denton in the fall and meet up with some of the UNT fans I have met over the years-- FFRick, Emmett (sp?), SoundMan, and the guy who had the RV at the SBC Basketball Tourney in Lafayette this year. Anyone know who that gentleman was? Would also like to meet MG61-- does the old codger ever make it to Denton?

I am hoping to eat my weight in Texas beef brisket (which is very hard to come by here in TN, even Memphis).

Fell in love with the stuff, didn't ya?

Damn skippy. Make it at the house now, because the BBQ joints here don't know how to make it--- or they chop it all up (I like mine sliced, of course).

Your folks brought a large pull behind smoker grille on wheels last time in Murfreesboro and shared their vittle with us.

Glad that Southwest finally decided to let Nashville folks into Dallas.

Edited by KAjunRaider

Definitely appreciate the comments about needing UNT to be strong for the better of the Belt. I think this applies to all teams in the conference. The more upsets we can pull off as a whole (and continue to hand CUSA their rears) the better.

As far as this season goes, I think that any team that can't throw it over our heads is going to be in for a tough game. Not many teams in the Belt are going to be able to hurt us deep, so I think we have a fighting chance this season. I'd like to see us make a Troy like transformation. They made the same leap last year that we are making this year...as far as transforming from a power rushing attack to the spread. Can someone with insight on that team comment on how they made the transition so smoothly? Did they not have the oline turnover that we are having this year?...surely they didn't have a stable of WRs (same as us) and had a ton of RBs and TEs....

I think a lot of misinformed people may be underestimating "Dodgeball". I thought it would take our new coach (Stockstill) some time to build his program, but he got us to a bowl game in his first year. I can see Dodge having similar success. I know he may not have the recruits that he wants right now, but there's no doubt he will get the best out of them. Personally, I am excited to see what Dodge can do, but I am also a little concerned. With all the talent in Texas and all his ties to the Texas high schools, I look for Dodge to once again make the Mean Green a force in the SBC.

On the Blue Raider Zone we actually have a thread talking about what type of impact Dodge will have. Here's the link: Dodgeball

www.BlueRaiderZone.com

Thanks for the link. Good quote over there from our friend KAjunRaider:

For a strong Sun Belt, we need a strong UNT.

Definitely appreciate the comments about needing UNT to be strong for the better of the Belt. I think this applies to all teams in the conference. The more upsets we can pull off as a whole (and continue to hand CUSA their rears) the better.

As far as this season goes, I think that any team that can't throw it over our heads is going to be in for a tough game. Not many teams in the Belt are going to be able to hurt us deep, so I think we have a fighting chance this season. I'd like to see us make a Troy like transformation. They made the same leap last year that we are making this year...as far as transforming from a power rushing attack to the spread. Can someone with insight on that team comment on how they made the transition so smoothly? Did they not have the oline turnover that we are having this year?...surely they didn't have a stable of WRs (same as us) and had a ton of RBs and TEs....

But you guys always did so well (in the first 4 years) with your defensive pressure and strong running game. But, I do agree that a balanced attack is the best option. I am a firm believer that offense can win games, but defense wins championships.