Sow With Nt Combined On Helmet?

GreenBlooded1

This is the gayest design I have ever seen. What the heck is it. You think people want to wear shirts and hats with this thing on them? You think people want to support a university with the rediculous looking pile of worm crap? You think our players want to be seen in something like this? This logo is the dorkiest, most nerdy, stupidest logo ever. It looks like some hippy on Fry st designed it when they were stoned. If we want to be taken seriously as a D1 University, this crap has to go. It's almost as rediculous as that stupid albino squirrel. Why dont we make a stupid flying albino squirrel with crooked wings and call him SOS?

:lol: Best post of the month. Maybe quarter. Spot on.

This is the gayest design I have ever seen. What the heck is it. You think people want to wear shirts and hats with this thing on them? You think people want to support a university with the rediculous looking pile of worm crap? You think our players want to be seen in something like this? This logo is the dorkiest, most nerdy, stupidest logo ever. It looks like some hippy on Fry st designed it when they were stoned. If we want to be taken seriously as a D1 University, this crap has to go. It's almost as rediculous as that stupid albino squirrel. Why dont we make a stupid flying albino squirrel with crooked wings and call him SOS?

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

Talk about vaginal...

logotexasvagina.jpg

:lol:

An All Time Top 10 post! ! ! ! LMF(reakin')AO! (Still a family message board, right Harry)? :rolleyes:

I know we are fartin' in the wind with an "eagle only/no words/no letters" scenario on our helmet now, but it does give us something to think about for the future when we go thru all this helmet change business............

...............all over again. :whistling1::blowup:

Is it just me, but does the above little guy blow-up icon remind others of you (especially when he close his eyes) of a certain former Dallas=based TV evangelist who used to close his eyes a whole bunch while (I suppose) thinking (praying?) of someone who just sent him another $1,000 check to his ministry; that is, so he could make payments on one of his 18 room mansions?:):(

THINK BIG<>*<>BUILD BIGGER!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

As much as the K-State Wildcat logo is a cat? Horrible comparison. At least when I look at the KState logo, I'm thinking cat. Take it to any 20-somethin year old sitting in a coffee shop that knows nothing about NCAA athletics and they'll see the cat. Show them that SOW and I'm not really sure what they'd guess.

Sure, try it on any non-athletic-knowledgable person and ask them what our former logo looks like. It has wings, talons, and an eagle face....humm, wonder what it could be? :rolleyes:

Sure, try it on any non-athletic-knowledgable person and ask them what our former logo looks like. It has wings, talons, and an eagle face....humm, wonder what it could be? :rolleyes:

Yeah, it'd be an eagle...which anyone will get, but I think NT80 means this:

But an eagle for whom? The USPS? A sports team? A corporation?

That's the important part- is not the literal recognition to what the image actually is, but for whom it represents.

Edited by meangreendork

The Flyin Worm is going nowhere. It's still recognized as one of the most famous logo's in NT history and will continue to be brought back from time to time as a throwback era logo during certain promotions. When GreenStock was still up and running we sold out of everything we made with that logo other than the Christmas balls, which I believe we still have a case of. Two, maybe three years ago the RHA department gave out free T shirts with that logo on it a few hours prior to a home game kickoff. They gave out thousands of them within a matter of maybe an hour. The shirts were very popular with the students and alumni and remain so today. I got mine signed by the man himself, Coach Hayden Fry that afternoon. What surprises me the most is how many people ouside the metroplex and the state of Texas still remember that design.

The greatness of GreenGrenade and Coach Hayden Fry live on.

Rick