What If...

CMJ

Watson lays it in, instead of the missed highlight reel dunk? We woulda been down 4. Instead within about 2 minutes we were down 17.

That was a changing point in the game. That and the chance we had to cut it to 4 with 10 minutes left in the game when we threw the ball over the head of the guy wide open for a layup. Both times Memphis then went on to take the lead back up to 10.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

Watson lays it in, instead of the missed highlight reel dunk? We woulda been down 4. Instead within about 2 minutes we were down 17.

A slam would have been a huge emotional lift for the team and fans and maybe sink Memphis a little. I don't blame him for trying it.

Plenty of "if onlys" in any loss.

But I'd impose a moratorium on what-ifs. I'd rather riff on a great this season and a greater next.

Oh I know. But against a team that is superior than you in pretty much every fashion most things have to go your way. Memphis prolly woulda found a way to win, but dang the mo' was on our side at that point.

More than anything, I was trying to get across how close this game truly was(even at 15 points). I'm as proud as I've ever been to be a NT alumn.

Oh I know. But against a team that is superior than you in pretty much every fashion most things have to go your way. Memphis prolly woulda found a way to win, but dang the mo' was on our side at that point.

More than anything, I was trying to get across how close this game truly was(even at 15 points). I'm as proud as I've ever been to be a NT alumn.

You're exactly right. GMG!

The game was over with 11:28 left in the second half. Right after NT threw away the ball after a steal. Had CWat, I think, free and NT overthrew him, missed a sure-fire bucket.

We have tried, and failed the slam dunk all season. I have no stats, but I bet we missed more than we made in the slam catagory. I would prefer the simple, non-sexy lay up and score than the flashy slam that turns the ball over to the other guys. I agree, this was the turning point in the game. Down by 9 at half, we couldn't come back.

Great year. I can't wait for next season.

GO MEAN GREEN

I really beleive the game was there for the taking! Man, NT was running even with memphis,

keeping control of the game, leading, then in a quick minute and a half, the the game slips

away. I kept hoping for a comeback, hit some 3's, turn it around--but turnovers, missed

shots, fouls --thats the ball game!

Regardless, I am very proud of the whole team! What a season! Real champions!

Basketball is back!!! Thank you!!!