Georgie Talking Nt Right Now

jgb0607

My biggest fear in playing Memphis is what Georgio stated. I just hope we can weather the storm and not get run out of the gym in the first half. What makes me nervous is that we really excell at playing "up tempo" but in doing so, we would be playing right into Memphis' hands. In this situaion, I feel like we'd be better off trying to "ugly up" the game and not let Memphis get into any kind of rhythm with their transition game. That's where they've been killing their opponents all year.

What I fear most is the "deer in the headlights" by our players. Big venue, national stage, and a packed house, most of who will be Memphis fans. I still remember our first New Orleans Bowl against Colorado State.

True, but I think JJ has that under control. In that great Dallas Morning News website video today, he's telling them in a team meeting that they've achieved much but aren't done yet.

Then in an on-court practice, he tells them not to let Memphis dictate the game we want to play, or words to that effect.

Sounds like that classic and successful advice: Act like you've been there before.