New Uniforms

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White helmets?????

Are we SLC now???

<_<

Who makes the uniform decisions? UNT just spent a crap load of money on our new University marks. Are we using the eagle logo, the "North Texas" on the helmet? Now we are going to change the football uni's again? Don't get me wrong, I like change but at the current pace ...?

If we are changing uni's, they better look sweet and welllllll thought out so we don't change again in 2008.

White helmets and the comparison to SLC. The Div 1-A football program (UNT) being benchmarked against a high school football team. I hear enough bantering of UNT on ESPN 103.3 (Randy Meyers) and until we surpass 5 championships, we will be compared to SLC! I don't want to be SLC North, WE ARE NORTH TEXAS MEAN GREEN EAGLES!

Randy Meyers blows!

Who cares about the color of the helmets. So NT colors are close to SLC. We would be compared to Southlake even if we had purple helmets.

I find all SLC comparisons funny really... hell, so many people posted on this board they wanted Riley to come here. If he did (which I know he is not) guess what folks, we would be compared once again to Southlake. Let's get over it. It is something we have to deal with.

Who cares about the color of the helmets. So NT colors are close to SLC. We would be compared to Southlake even if we had purple helmets.

I find all SLC comparisons funny really... hell, so many people posted on this board they wanted Riley to come here. If he did (which I know he is not) guess what folks, we would be compared once again to Southlake. Let's get over it. It is something we have to deal with.

Word scotty.

With the name Mean Green I thought it would make sense to have green helmets, but sometimes change is good.

If we HAVE to have wording on the helmets, why not put Mean Green on them for a change, and North Texas back on the jerseys? Of course, a logo would be BETTER on the helmets!! Anyone still have the link to the white helmets with the new logo that were done earlier this year? I can't believe we're even thinking about white helmets; save us.

Who cares...let's just win some damn football games and work on getting one of the top programs in the country. Hell, we can wear pink for all I care as long as we are winning National Championships.

It would be nice to have one look and stick with it. I fell in love with North Texas football many years ago and not once in those memories do I remember a white helmet. It just rubs me the wrong way.

I know this is an apples to oranges comparison considering popularity & marketability, but would the Dallas Cowboys ever switch to a Blue helmet????????

Mean Green = Green Helmet. It just works well togethor, IMO.

I think if we have white helmets, we will lose all our games.

I think if the center is left-handed and snaps the ball with the W on the Wilson logo pointing toward the goal line and the n in Wilson pointed toward the quarterback, we will throw an interception.

I think if George and Hank leave participles dangling when calling a 3rd and 2, we will fumble.

I think if the video on our team bus plays "Meet the Fokkers" instead of "Remember the Titans," the bus will have a flat.

Probably the number one reason for going with white helmets is the difficulting in matching a kelly green shell to the uniform. Not trying to start the whole shade of green argument over, but matching shades of green was difficult enough without us going to a shade that no one else in the world seems to be using. But if you like the look of the Minnesota Vikings and their eight shades of purple....

Probably the number one reason for going with white helmets is the difficulting in matching a kelly green shell to the uniform. Not trying to start the whole shade of green argument over, but matching shades of green was difficult enough without us going to a shade that no one else in the world seems to be using. But if you like the look of the Minnesota Vikings and their eight shades of purple....

The Giants have always used 2 different shades of blue, the darker of the two on their helmets.

Basic requirements for UNT football uniforms should be:

1. Kelly green, white, and maybe black somewhere on it.

2. Should include a jersey, pants and helmet.

3. Includes some sort of UNT logo or wordmark.

All this other crap doesn't matter since it's not what wins the games. The talk about playcalling, rosters, recruitment and whatnot actually matters. If it's got green and something UNT-related on the uniform, that's all I need.

I'm not thrilled to hear about WHITE helmets. I'll wait til I see the uniform before I pass judgment, but as of right now... :thumbdown:

I'm not going wait to pass judgement. I'm passing it now. NO WHITE HELMETS! Please go with a green helmet with Son-of-worm on it.

The Giants have always used 2 different shades of blue, the darker of the two on their helmets.

You are absolutely correct. But I was talking about uniforms that they were trying to make look good. I think the Giants are trying to give everyone in the fashion world something else to talk about besides Paris Hilton. :lol: The Giants unis look like pajamas.

I only wish we had the selection of clothing that Northwest and Southlake High Schools had on display available with North Texas logos.

What did they have that was so great? Everyone buys from the same clothing manufacturers...unless they make their own of course. If it is available for SLC it is available for UNT. The athletic department signed a deal with a retail provider that doesn't offer very much MEAN GREEN even though that was suppose to be the whole deal.BTW... Soon, shopmeangreen.com will be way more mean green in color. I guarantee if it's Mean Green and I can find it , it will have something UNT on it. Sometimes you just have to know where to look.

Kelly green helmets do not look good. Look at every team that wears kelly and they have white helmets. If we are going to wear kelly green then it has to be white. Just look back at old pics from NT and how bad did the old Philadelphia Eagles helmets look with that color green.

Kelly green helmets do not look good. Look at every team that wears kelly and they have white helmets. If we are going to wear kelly green then it has to be white. Just look back at old pics from NT and how bad did the old Philadelphia Eagles helmets look with that color green.

I would be all for black helmets. B)

I say go with a slightly darker shade of green for the helmets. Something similar to what the NY Giants pull off.

The NTSU Flying Worm helmets were the greatest of all time!