Soccer Mixed Results @ A & M Tourney

nortx9

Mixed results at A & M yesterday..overall, not real fit and generally sloppy effort, in part due to seemingly unfamiliarity with the 7 v 7 format in the early going. Played every other hour for four games.

Tie vs SFA 1-1

Loss vs UTSA 5-2

Win vs Houston 3-0

Loss (EMBARRASSED) vs A & M stopped-counting-at 15- 1 Mighta been 20-1. A real old fashion buttkicking, we were schooled. :huh:

Got better really as we played, played a solid first 10 minutes until we ran out of gas and effort and pride against a very deep and fit A & M team. UTSA was a recovery game from the first one, dominated 2nd half (was down 4-0 at half). Houston game was best effort, looked like second wind kicked in, dominated offense and defense. Worst piece was the finishing of ample opportunities we created. In all first three games it could have looked like the A & M game on our end of the scoreboard if we would have finished better.

Long way to go..... next outing we need to see fitness improvement and better finishing. Beyond the sore backs and legs, no significant injuries......

Overall rating...... <_<

Any local games coming up soon? I might as well get used to the drive since I'll be making it for the next 4 years.

I requested some updated info today. Schedule is somewhat informal at this point, I did have some info, but some of it is now obsolete. They have some target dates and locations to play, just do not know if they have confirmed participation. Most, with the exception of the Craig Ranch showcase were originally scheduled to be travel dates.

Welcome to GMG and the UNT Soccer program. ;)