Hearing A Rumor

Harry

Not sure on the date. Sounds pretty solid. It also sounds like the MAC agreement fell through and we will not have a MAC opponent in 2007. Navy appears to be the replacement. So it appears, we open at Oklahoma then go to SMU. Our first home game would be a conference game against Florida International. It appears we are splitting up the Florida school games making it a home and away instead of home/home in one year and away/away in the next. In previous years we had to go to Florida twice in one year then did not go there the following year.

Navy at Fouts is a big game and let's hope the promotion for it is strong! Kudos to RV and company for getting this game on the schedule. GMG!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure on the date. Sounds pretty solid. It also sounds like the MAC agreement fell through and we will not have a MAC opponent in 2007. Navy appears to be the replacement. So it appears, we open at Oklahoma then go to SMU. Our first home game would be a conference game against Florida International. It appears we are splitting up the Florida school games making it a home and away instead of home/home in one year and away/away in the next. In previous years we had to go to Florida twice in one year then did not go there the following year.

Navy at Fouts is a big game and let's hope the promotion for it is strong! Kudos to RV and company for getting this game on the schedule. GMG!

The rumor is correct!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest GrayEagleOne

There were two MAC schools on that Navy schedule. (Ball State--home; at Bowling Green). The MAC owes us a game, so maybe there was some kind of trade off.

Don't know....just speculating...

Actually, there are three John. Kent State is a home game for Navy the week after Bowling Green. So it makes even more sense that they might play us rather than another MAC team. I think that your idea about honoring Roger Staubach ia greatness.

Ive been searching future NCAA football schedules for 3 to 4 years now , Im always curious. This site has been the best by far , but it already list Navy's full schedule with dates. Maybe something fell through or something , but still Id like to see Navy here.

http://www.cfbpalace.net/index.php?module=...lay&tid=109

DateTimeOpponentResult/ScoreNotesS 1TBAat Temple S 77:00 PMat Rutgers ESPNS 15TBAKent State S 22TBADuke S 29TBAAir Force O 13TBAat Pittsburgh O 20TBAWake Forest O 27TBADelaware N 3TBAat Notre Dame NBCN 10TBAat Bowling Green N 17TBABall State D 1TBAat Army CBS

Edited by NT03

I remember when we played Army at Texas Stadium and them bringing a good number of soldiers in to cheer Army on. It made for a fun atmosphere. I would imagine that the Naval Academy would bus in a boatload(pun intended) from the Joint Reserve Naval Air Station in Fort Worth to come see the game. This could give a great boost to attendance. I think the Staubach idea is great and I think that we as Mean Green fans could also honor the sailors in attendance for their service to our country.

Edited by Eagle-96

Yeah, that is great, great news. Thanks for the confirmation, gregory.

And, I noticed that the date (November 10) is when Navy was originally scheduled to play @ Bowling Green. So, that leads me to believe, that this move, might have been the payoff from the MAC....for the game they owed us.

Great news.

Navy will travel to the fertile recruiting ground of Texas on Nov. 10 when the Mids take on North Texas for the first time in school history. It is just the Mids second trip to the state of Texas in the last four years.

With the confirmation from the Navy schedule, move from a rumor to THE premiere home game for '07!05-uberbow.gif

Edited by MeanGreen61

Navy will travel to the fertile recruiting ground of Texas on Nov. 10 when the Mids take on North Texas for the first time in school history. It is just the Mids second trip to the state of Texas in the last four years.

With the confirmation from the Navy schedule, move from a rumor to THE premiere home game for '07!05-uberbow.gif

I just had a flashback to our run defense last year and had shutters. I hope Mendoza is able to turn that around, becuase the Midshipman will test that by running 30-40 times.

Not that I think honoring Roger Staubach is a bad idea, but I think it would be better if we honored the soldiers instead. Maybe do a special discount for the game - a few bucks off to all current or retired servicemen. Maybe talk the guys out at Carswell (sorry, the JNRB) to do a fly-over. I seriously would be surprised if ESPN or Fox Southwest wouldn't be interested in televising that game.