Nothing but love for the Rockets, but I fear they are a team that will never get a chance to have all their pieces together - and even when they did a few years ago they fought valiantly and couldn't seal the deal. I don't think they have improved much since then, although not looking at Jon Barry is an improvement for me.

Agree with the first part for sure. It's a big IF saying, "if the Rockets can get all their pieces together" because once Yao's knee is 100%, T-Mac's back will probably go out. It's the same old story every year...

I disagree somewhat with the latter. As a person that has watched most of the games this year, I think Yao's play has improved significantly since the last playoff series with the Mavs, and the additions of Battier and Wells certainly haven't hurt them. The biggest difference is that they play really good defense.

That being said, I don't know that the Rockets could beat the Mavs in 7, though I think it would be a really good series. The Mav's are just too deep and have too many shooters.

Guest JohnDenver

Imagine that .. Lakers lost their 6th straight.

Kobe really took over that game. He wins by his sheer will power.

Shots: 8-22

Threes: 0-3

FT: 9-11

Losing to the lowly Jailblazers -- that is MVP level of play. ;):rolleyes::blink:

Agree with the first part for sure. It's a big IF saying, "if the Rockets can get all their pieces together" because once Yao's knee is 100%, T-Mac's back will probably go out. It's the same old story every year...

I disagree somewhat with the latter. As a person that has watched most of the games this year, I think Yao's play has improved significantly since the last playoff series with the Mavs, and the additions of Battier and Wells certainly haven't hurt them. The biggest difference is that they play really good defense.

That being said, I don't know that the Rockets could beat the Mavs in 7, though I think it would be a really good series. The Mav's are just too deep and have too many shooters.

I think Yao has become more aggressive consistently as well - but that series was what made the aggression clicked for him. He averaged about 30 that series which I doubt he could do more than now against Dallas. Unless he has the patented Hakeem "David Robinson stole my MF'n MVP gear," I think he's maxed out his impact. I think he and Dirk neutralize each other on the score sheet (and remember, Dirk has improved just as much since then as far as taking over and creating his own shot) and McGrady and Josh Howard/Jason Terry wash out, so it reall come down to depth or those two having 4 unbelievable winning performances. Houston;s D is among the top every year because they are good but also slow the game down and limit posessions.

I think it would be a 6 game dogfight, but I don't see anything in the Rockets supporting cast that might consistently deliver except Bonzi Wells if he ever gets his head right and gets healthy. Mutombo, Howard, some goofy white dudes, and Skip to my Lou just aren't as imposing as they were 4 years ago.

I close with the age old question: "Who wants to sex Mutombo?"