Todd Dodge Billboard On I-35

MeanGreenZen

Maybe this has been reported, but there is a big billboard on I-35W in Burleson that says something like: "Thank you Todd Dodge; coach, leader, friend, legend". Below the words is a big Southlake Carroll logo. Doesn't say anything about UNT, but its pretty good pub anyway.

Edited by MG Insurance Pro

Maybe this has been reported, but there is a big billboard on I-35W in Burleson that says something like: "Thank you Todd Dodge; coach, leader, friend, legend". Below the words is a big Southlake Carroll logo. Doesn't say anything about UNT, but its pretty good pub anyway.

that's awesome. i might have to get out of the country and come see it.

I got all excited thinking the AD put up a billboard advertising season tix.

Guess not...:(

I haven't seen one in the Lewisville area... However, if you go to www.meangreensports.com and have pop-ups enabled, a great little pop-up of Todd Dodge appears, with a link to his bio and to buy season tickets. It's the small things, but that's certainly a step in the right direction.

I haven't seen one in the Lewisville area... However, if you go to www.meangreensports.com and have pop-ups enabled, a great little pop-up of Todd Dodge appears, with a link to his bio and to buy season tickets. It's the small things, but that's certainly a step in the right direction.

Yes, but 35,000 vehicles (according to PlummMeanGreens lastest statistics) pass I35 daily. It would be great to have billboard signage advertising TD, North Texas Football, Mean Green Club, and season tickets from now until the end of the year.

Yes, but 35,000 vehicles (according to PlummMeanGreens lastest statistics) pass I35 daily. It would be great to have billboard signage advertising TD, North Texas Football, Mean Green Club, and season tickets from now until the end of the year.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you there. I'd love to see billboards posted all over the metroplex advertising North Texas. But that's going to take a much larger advertising budget than what Athletics has right now.

I just consider the pop-up window a small move in the right direction. It was fairly cheap to create, generates interest in the new head coach, and encourages people to buy season tickets. At the very least, it's certainly better than nothing at all...

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you there. I'd love to see billboards posted all over the metroplex advertising North Texas. But that's going to take a much larger advertising budget than what Athletics has right now.

I just consider the pop-up window a small move in the right direction. It was fairly cheap to create, generates interest in the new head coach, and encourages people to buy season tickets. At the very least, it's certainly better than nothing at all...

I also agree Metroplex billboards, like the Dodge pop-up window, are needed (even on the back of the Fouts pressbox). Now is the time to pull out all the marketing that has been missing in past seasons, while Dodge is hot and fans are excited again. The billboards would eventually pay for themselves in more attendance/tickets. Think BIG - be BIG.

I also agree Metroplex billboards, like the Dodge pop-up window, are needed (even on the back of the Fouts pressbox). Now is the time to pull out all the marketing that has been missing in past seasons, while Dodge is hot and fans are excited again. The billboards would eventually pay for themselves in more attendance/tickets. Think BIG - be BIG.

Word.

perhaps they weren't SLC's doing at all; rather, some fans who were showing their appreciation.

-gm

Billboards leading the San Antonio southbound were from fans and for the players/coaches/team. Billboard returning northbound was by fans to honor Coach Dodge. You guys just picked up a coach who is a total class act. Help him add to the tradition at UNT, then be prepared to protect it. TD truly honors, loves, and respects the fans as a key part of the team. With the number or students and alumni in this immediate area you should be selling out the existing stadium in advance. TD's family is loved in SL for their love, integrity and character as much as the win/loss record. It's rare and refreshing when you have a chance to have both.

Edited by Cool

Billboards leading the San Antonio southbound were from fans and for the players/coaches/team. Billboard returning northbound was by fans to honor Coach Dodge. You guys just picked up a coach who is a total class act. Help him add to the tradition at UNT, then be prepared to protect it. TD truly honors, loves, and respects the fans as a key part of the team. With the number or students and alumni in this immediate area you should be selling out the existing stadium in advance. TD's family is loved in SL for their love, integrity and character as much as the win/loss record. It's rare and refreshing when you have a chance to have both.

Thanks for the info; I know UNT fans are excited to have him as coach.