This Will Cause You To Kick Your Cat!

DeepGreen

MajorWager

Found on the Sun Belt board. Go to the link and read on!

"It's a scandal that Middle Tennessee was allowed within 1,000 miles of a bowl game. It's a borderline scandal to begin with that the Sun Belt champion gets to play in a bowl. A team that can't win the Sun Belt isn't bowl material by a longshot. The Motor City committee said they had to take a seven win team over a few of the six-win nominees (like Kansas, for example). If that's how it works, the NCAA needs to kick the Sun Belt down to IAA. A seven-win Sun Belt team is like a three-win team in a real conference."

:blowup:

The burden IS on us to prove our worth; however, as long as the NCAA DOES acknowledge the Belt as being a IA conference, then I have problems with the Big XII continuing to get as many bowls as it does, and the money that goes with it, thus making the battle we have to fight that much harder.

-gm

Edited by greenminer

I agree... it does seem like the deck is fixed. But, that is life. We don't stop trying. And when we do have the opportunity like this year with 2 SBC teams in bowls then we need to seize it.

UNT has blown it with the four consecutive bowl games and going only 1-3. Furthermore, we as a conference have to knock off the big boys every now and then. I still think Troy gets alot of respect for what they did three years ago against Missouri. We need more of that to shut 'em up, even if our mountain to climb is steeper than theirs.

MajorWager

Found on the Sun Belt board. Go to the link and read on!

"It's a scandal that Middle Tennessee was allowed within 1,000 miles of a bowl game. It's a borderline scandal to begin with that the Sun Belt champion gets to play in a bowl. A team that can't win the Sun Belt isn't bowl material by a longshot. The Motor City committee said they had to take a seven win team over a few of the six-win nominees (like Kansas, for example). If that's how it works, the NCAA needs to kick the Sun Belt down to IAA. A seven-win Sun Belt team is like a three-win team in a real conference."

:blowup:

If that's what he thinks of the Sunbelt then I can only imagine what he thinks of the MAC sending their 4th place team to the Poinsettia bowl?

Rick

Louisiana-Lafayette was the only SBC team to post a winning OOC record. The SBC needs to step up.

I'm still pretty upset at UAB and Vanderbilt for backing out of their games with us. Had they kept their deals with us we never would've had trips to Oklahoma and South Carolina. Think about that. I think we could've beaten both of those teams and finished with a 9-3 record. No way they'd diss a 9-3 Sun Belt team with a win against a CUSA and $EC school in the same season, but they've done it before.

I'm still pretty upset at UAB and Vanderbilt for backing out of their games with us. Had they kept their deals with us we never would've had trips to Oklahoma and South Carolina. Think about that. I think we could've beaten both of those teams and finished with a 9-3 record. No way they'd diss a 9-3 Sun Belt team with a win against a CUSA and $EC school in the same season, but they've done it before.

Hey, these guys think the MAC and Cen. Mich. are on top if the world. Their Northern Ill. team sure looked like a bunch of hot shots last night. The MAC has some really good teams in it but most of them are on par with us(SBC) and WAC, and CUSA.