Vito's Mean Green Blog

Harry

What does the blog say? I can't get that link to open up.

Wave of PR priceless for UNT

North Texas has seemingly been everywhere in the last 24 hours from the front page of most of the Dallas-Fort Worth area's sports sections to leading the nightly television sports reports. The Mean Green has been a hot topic on sports talk radio as well.

Everyone seems to want to talk about Todd Dodge being UNT's new head coach.

There couldn't be better news for the school. UNT was in need of some positive publicity after a couple of down years at the end of the Darrell Dickey era.

Dodge has more than fit the bill.

There is just no underestimating what the last few days have done for the athletic department in terms of building enthusiasm, not to mention fundraising and recruiting.

Over the last few days I have heard from dozens of fans who either said they were excited about the program again or that they were coming back after several years away or that they were increasing their financial commitment to the program. There is just no way to overstate how important that enthusiasm and free publicity will be for the Mean Green.

Why...are you Vito?

Brett Vito is a hero for UNT ahtletics. There are a handful of people that constantly contribute to the Mean Green Cause. I know he gets paid but he does put a great spin on his articles. Send him an e-mail and he will respond.

No we don't want a new writer. So I will tell you to Shut the **** up tongue.gif

with Mean Green love of course,

There is a reason why has been nicknamed "Ditto".  Sometimes you can read it here first before it hits the news papers (sometimes days later).

Well, it may look that way, but trust me, we get tons of "inside" news on this site that comes directly from him. There are certain things he can't publish, either right then or ever, and we directly benefit from that.

He's a really good guy and a hard worker. I really like his work, too.

No we don't want a new writer. So I will tell you to Shut the **** up  tongue.gif

with Mean Green love of course,

Well, you don't speak for me so you are misquoting. and as far as your next sentence, You are not my brother nor best friend so, I would advise you not to incite me into a contentious response with that type of language. I assume you are not really seriously looking for that; from me.

Lay off Vito. He does a good job and gives us more coverage than anyone else. He's been in the unfortunate position of having to cover a team that has regressed significantly in the past couple of years. Timmy Mac did a good job but there were some others before him that were horrible. That UT grad is one that comes to mind I forget his name...

Lay off Vito.  He does a good job and gives us more coverage than anyone else.  He's been in the unfortunate position of having to cover a team that has regressed significantly in the past couple of years.  Timmy Mac did a good job but there were some others before him that were horrible.  That UT grad is one that comes to mind I forget his name...

Ditto. Vito contiuned to do his job while this team was in the dumps and NO one else wanted to cover them.